ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Skoda Splitter

Megane 225 F1
You won't split the bumper doing it this way. I've done it on 2 cars now and not had any problems and I didn't even use pilot holes.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Those screws are fine mate.
When fitting mine I drilled holes in the splitter through most of the tabs, lined the middle tab up with the middle of the bumper
and drilled into the bumper with a drill bit slightly smaller than the screws, then screwed it in.
Just repeat this till your done then get a new stanley blade and slice the ends off, job done.

I diddn't cut the end of the tabs off but I wish I had as it wouldn't sit right till it was screwed in, I'd cut them off first
if I had to do it again.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I diddn't, I just jacked the car up as high as I could, some peolpe jack it up over a curb or a step to
get extra room, you just need it high enough to get a srewdriver or drill under it.

Stagecoach Ticket
cut both sides with a razor blade then they match anyway if you do a good job looks same as it did before cutting

all done! didn't even need to jack the car! (though it was alot harder i imagine!)
have cut the sides, could do with a little more work on the sides as there's a little bit not cut off but apart from that all good!
used about 10 screws in the end to ensure i had the right angle all the way around!

here's the pics: :)
DSCF1702.jpg

DSCF1703.jpg

DSCF1704.jpg

finishes it off i think!

haha yea definitely cheap - i could never justify buying a renault or carbon fibre one just because that it looks like it's always been there!

also cleaned it today but didn't manage to get the EGP on (SRP done) as i thought it was going to rain! :(

Clio sport Cup 172
Just ordered one on monday,if its anything like my local dealer you wont need the part number,they asked for the reg number "it's actually a part to fit a clio" i said and i gotthe reply "oh,is it the front splitter-i can get you one for wednesday" !!

clio sport 182
Mate! The car looks quality! I def need one in my life! Was it a pig to fit? I've got that exact car but a year older! What colour is it? Solitude looks well good!

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
It's amazing how a small bit of black plastic can completely transform the front end. The 172 bumper looks lost without a splitter.

Good work fella!

:) it's easy to fit to be honest, i didn't even have to raise the car up, take or bumper off or anything (as long as you have a smallish screwdriver!)

if anything it annoyed me how long it took to tap into the bumper, arm ache after 10 screws were in :p

now just to find a cheap cup spoiler and some anthracite alloys and ill be sorted :)

S'trollin on size 7s
asif you managed it without raising it..ive just gone and bought some axel stands to get mine done :dapprove: lol
nevermind theyl come in handy for future

ordered mine as well, deffo have to jack the bugger up because its lowered on cooksports, thanks for putting the thread up though, puts my mind at ease knowing its not a biatch to do, nice car also, very clean!

ok looks a lot more sexual now!!! good job sir! mine is standard bg with cup packs and new btm exhaust plus cooksports, i like it but i have a hankering for some wheels like yours, although the anthracite cup wheels arent too bad, was thinking about spraying them black?