ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting washer jets to a mk2 nonsport including wiring correctly

okay, so im making a full replica to keep myself busy over the winter months and have hit a spot of bother. i have a 182 front bumper with washer jets, and hosing can be easily obtained. my problem isnt how to do it, more what i need to do it. i understand that ill have to wire in a new connection for the headlight washer pump. where is this wired into or is it a separate loom to the windscreen washers, majority of cars headlight washers are wired with the headlights, so if the wash is applied when the headlights are active they will work, if not then they wont. so what is the best way of getting me some headlight washers?

Clio 182
1*2's with xenons have washer bottle with 2 pumps- one for screens and one for lights, presume you will need these to retrofit. Not sure if it's a simple plug/play job or if the connector will be set aside somewhere for models not requiring them

Clio 182
...also washers aren't an mot requirement for xenons unless the schooshers are fitted, alternatively you could just fit blanks?

(Can't work out how to edit last post on phone - noob lol)

Many.
Its lots of work!

Firstly, need to check if your dash loom has the wiring, I can't remember which relay it is, but it will be easier to undo the bulkhead connector and look for the pins, if it has the pins, happy days, it'll be easy...ish.

Other things you'll need is the larger twin pump washer bottle (and both pumps, they are different to non-sport), and plug for the headlight washer pump (its the same for the windscreen washer pump so that helps) obviously the pipe, can use normal windscreen washer pipe, although get yourself some one way valves, your bound to need them at some point with these washers, and you can fit them in the passenger arch so you can remove the bumper easily.

routing the pipes is easy enough, theres a grommited up hole in the inner wing next to the screenwash bottle that I used, I did also remove the inner arch liner for best results.

Hardest bit is what I touched on earlier, if you've got the pins, you need to route the wiring for the new headlight washer pump plug through the big rubber cover over the bulkhead connector, and put the pins in, assuming your dash loom has it. If your dash loom hasn't got the wiring, it'll be best to fit a relay in the engine bay fusebox.

Headlight washer pump wiring is pin G1 and G2 below, viewed from the engine bay side of the dash loom plug in the bulkhead (known as the R107 connection)

R107layout_zps3b4b2aa0.jpg

After all this, it will also need coding in Clip, You should be able to find somebody to do that cheaply though as it takes litrally 5mins.

If you need any more help, give me a shout. Shame you're not local as I could do it all easily!