ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FK euro rear lights

Arctic 182FF
Really want a set of FK automotive taillights, can anyone tell me if there's any difference between these two? Obviously its saying that one if for a mk2ph1 and the other for a mk2ph2 but i thought the rear light fittings were the same? Would the ph1 lights fit my ph2? Since there's the best part of £40 difference for from what i can see are the exact same lights?

ph1
http://r.twenga.co.uk/g3.php?pg=VDs...mMmQzNmNiNGYyMzBmZGZlN2ExYjJlMThkNzZjMDc5Mg==

ph2
http://r.twenga.co.uk/g3.php?pg=VDs...mMmQzNmNiNGYyMzBmZGZlN2ExYjJlMThkNzZjMDc5Mg==

On the ph1, the sidelight is at the top, whereas on the ph2 it's at the bottom. That's on the standard set of lights.

I saw some 'Lexus' lights fitted on a lads ph2, that were meant for a ph1, and the top of his light was lit up like on a ph1. Maybe this is the case with these, not sure though.

Arctic 182FF
Ok thanks, would the holes for the bulbs not be the same size anyway though? Although they may be intended for different bulbs would it really make a difference since its a clear background for both anyway and i have silvervision indicator bulbs anyway?

As far as I know everything would be the same, it's just that (I think) the top would light up rather than the bottom bit (with the LEDS) for the sidelights. That's the only difference I can think of!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
AFAIK you can use Ph.2 holders in Ph.1 lights and vice versa without a problem. I don't see why you couldn't wire in aftermarket blocks with either configuration if you wanted to.

With the last link though, if you wire it up as a Ph.1, you would have the LEDs as foglights. I don't know if that would be OK.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Just found this saved on my computer. You might find it handy.

Clio%20Mk.2%20Tail%20Light%20Diagram.jpg

Arctic 182FF
Not really sure what you mean McGherkin when you say about wiring aftermarket blocks (sorry that i'm a noob) is there any way i could wire it up differently so that it would work as it should for my car? (bearing in mind i have little to no knowledge of electronics) thanks

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Well, the blocks will either be configured for a Ph.1 (with the brake light at the top), or Ph.2 (with the brake light at the bottom). You have a Ph.2, but there's nothing stopping you buying blocks for a Ph.1 and swapping the wires over in the connector (see my last post) so that the right lights illuminate.

Arctic 182FF
Ok that is diagram is very helpful, can the part that plugs into the socket be moved about a bit so it would work as it should or is it like a fixed unit?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Well, the wires have to be swapped around when going from Ph.1 to Ph.2 OEM lights, so I'd say you can swap them about. I don't have the car at the moment so I can't go out and check how easy it is :eek:

Arctic 182FF
Ok thanks, would i definitely have to buy ph1 blocks or could i just fiddle around with the existing one? Ok thats fine, but do you know off the top of your head if i'd need any equipment to swap them about? Being 18 i don't own a soldering iron or any tools other than like a hammer and a screwdriver lol

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Ok thanks, would i definitely have to buy ph1 blocks or could i just fiddle around with the existing one? Ok thats fine, but do you know off the top of your head if i'd need any equipment to swap them about? Being 18 i don't own a soldering iron or any tools other than like a hammer and a screwdriver lol

Get one! They're not expensive. I have plenty of tools because I'm an engineer, but a socket set, soldering iron and a set of screwdrivers are essential ;)

And forgot about that guide lol