ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flat around 2k rpm - 172 cup

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Hi Guys,

Been driving my newly acquired 172 cup around for the last couple of weeks and it seems to be quite flat around the 2000rpm mark, more noticeable in 4th and 5th gear. Its fine everywhere else in the rev range, idles fine and no other running problems. My other 172 has an 98RON map on it which was already done when I bought it and generally feels like it has more torque low down and is a lot smoother. Is this flat sport normal or is there something up with my car? its only covered 32k.

Cheers

Mike

Clio 172 phase 1
my phase 1 has a similar issue would be nice to hear an answer i here alot of people say there just like it and aparently if you have decat it can show these flat spots up... atm i have a pipercross carbon induction kit and am going to remove that and see if it runs better....

Clio 172 Cup
Mine is flat at that area very flat it has decat induction kit and 428 cams but its such a slow rev range it never really lives there for any reason motorway run in 5th at 60-70 mph is about 2500-3000

my opinion is if its been remapped its a bit lean on fuel in this range