ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fli Components

FF 182 Sport
lol, i just ordered some from arc on ebay £15 delivered, if everywhere else is £50ish quid they cant be bad and being sold all over the place, just bear in mind, they are refurbs, and doesnt mention crossovers!

ive bought from them before though and was well impressed.

When I amped my front components, I rewired all the speakers, connected both the woofers and tweeters to the crossovers under each seat, then connected the crossovers to the amp :)

What did these sound like without amping them? And did you install the crossovers?

You will notice some difference just by changing the standard renault ones to some aftermarket ones without amping. I did anyway when I just swapped the standard renault door speakers for some Sony coaxials. Well they went to a higher volume before distorting anyway.

I didn't try my components unamped obviously, but when I upgraded again to the amped components the difference was impressive, much better sound quality at all volumes really.
You can find 2 channel amps on ebay for silly money. Its just laying all the replacement wiring that was the hardest, but there are easier ways of doing it than I did probably.

Yes I installed the crossovers, Just velcroed mine under my seats. There's not much point buying components if you don't use the crossovers! They are the things that filter the sounds, so only the high frequency goes to the tweeters, and the normal/lower frequencies go to the door speakers.

How did you feed the wiring to the doors?

Basically, I wired it through the rubber door loom thing using a straightened coat hangar. Then to get it through the plastic connector into the actual car shell, I found two holes in the connectors that didn't already have pins in them, then forced a tiny screw driver through, careful not to move/damage any existing pins and then threaded the new speaker wire through it all, before putting it all back together again.

Probably the most complicated way ever, but it meant I managed to get it through the existing connector, leaving all the existing pins/wiring intact and not have to cut any of the rubber cover thing!

DSC_00043-1.jpg
*Photo doesn't really show much as I was halfway through, so hadn't threaded it properly, but still.

You could just use the existing speaker wire, and use an extra iso connector where it connects to the headunit and cut the two pairs of wires on that and divert them to the crossovers.

Thanks for your constructive answer, only reason i asked about the sound quality unamped is wanting to stay with standard headunit, so not really looking to amp them.

I know people suggest the pioneers ones, but with them at 65-70ish brand new, and hard to find second hand, was considering these FLI comps at £15 refurbed off ebay.