ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Foam lance problemG

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Got a slight issue with my new foam lance, when attached to the karcher HDS at work , it makes the machine pulse and thus causing the machine to auto trip to save it f**king up.

Am i doing something wrong or is the lance possibly faulty?

Raz

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I presume it doesn't do it when lance isn't attached?

I've only had this happen when the water feed hasn't been good enough and not allowing it to build enough or hold adequate pressure

Yeah as above, my Karcher pulsed all the time when the motor was on the way out or water supply was lower than required.

If it only does it with the lance attached, your lance is either blocked or hasn't clicked in/locked in properly and is causing a back up.

Back up. Giggidy.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Yupp, one makes it pulse. My other one I tried on it don't. Both using the same trigger . Just changed the actauall snow lance on the end of the trigger.

The karcher is attached to a huge surge tank and the pump is pumping out well over 100psi

And the speed fit on the Hp hose isn't leaking and locks properly.

They have a gauze to stop crap being sprayed onto the car. This could be blocked. If you search how to clean them there is a guide somewhere. Might solve it.

Presume it's not new?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
its brand new. only tried it today. my old one works a treat but I don't want to leave it at work haha.

looking down the intake, it looks to small for the pressure behind it. its almost needle sized.

got to the point of wether I should strip it down to see whats not right.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
stripped it down, the inlet thing inside is supposedly to small. hence the pressurewasher not liking the pressure creap.

think I ordered it for a newer HDS series not the old style one we use at work. ah well