ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Focus RS & Classic mini!

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Did a test shoot this evening with a few of my friends cars to test out some lighting! Thought I would share some of them with you :)

7925048198_c57be781cb_b.jpg

7925051102_c740ab420a_b.jpg

7925053260_0276631908_b.jpg
7925053260_0276631908_b.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Awesome shots Matt! What lighting are you using?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
So how are you balancing the lights with the daylight to get an even exposure?

Are you using a light meter and checking ambient daylight,
then metering the flashes and getting them within the same aperture give or take a stop or two either way?

Or are you taking multiple images and exposing for sky, the car, shadows, mid tones & highlites etc,
and building a composite image in photoshop?

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
The images are all single images. I was using the cameras built in metering to roughly determine the ambient daylight, I then stopped it down so I could keep the correct exposure for the sky and then set the flashes to full power, took a few test shots and adjusted my aperture accordingly.

Hope that makes sense

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Makes perfect sense mate, i'm a portrait studio photographer by trade,
but i've never used them outdoors, they're good results for a single exposure.

Bracketing the exposure ftw. :approve:

How much tweaking in photoshop did you have to do?

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Not as much as I thought I use LR4 so it was a few tweaks of the levels and some cropping, then adjusted a few areas with an adjustment brush and that was about it.

I am happy with the results, I am shooting a LY 182 on wednesday, so hopefully I can have a another play with them :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Awesome mate.

Don't fancy shooting my car anytime do you? :eek:

I just want to see how you do the lighting! Really is well lit.

Why do the really good photographers on here never take photos of bloody Clios? Lol.

Maybe we'll have an alternative calendar.

(Or just do Luke's)

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Why do the really good photographers on here never take photos of bloody Clios? Lol.

Maybe we'll have an alternative calendar.

(Or just do Luke's)

I am shooting a LY182 tomorrow night lol! I will post up results just for you :)

Cheers for the comments guys!

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Awesome mate.

Don't fancy shooting my car anytime do you? :eek:

I just want to see how you do the lighting! Really is well lit.

Hi Luke sorry I missed your comment, Drop me a PM and I am sure we can arrange something :)

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
I used one shoot through umbrella, at the rear of the car! I am going to use both my umbrellas and softbox this evening though and see what resultsI get :)

Not a bad effort that.

Just need to work on lighting the car more evenly, like the front quarter of the Focus shots for example.

Takes a LOT of practice and experience which I wish I had tbh.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Not a bad effort that.

Just need to work on lighting the car more evenly, like the front quarter of the Focus shots for example.

Takes a LOT of practice and experience which I wish I had tbh.

Cheers Dan!

I will hopefully have more light tonight as I am going to shoot a bit earlier unlike the other evening and hopefully I will have more than an hour! I am also going to use my flash guns aswell to maybe introduce some more light to the dark areas.

I will keep trying :)