ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FOG LIGHTS !!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

FOG LIGHTS ARE ONLY TO BE USED WHEN VISIBILITY IS REDUCED TO LESS THAN 100 YARDS !!

they are not there to look "cool"

ARRRRGGGHH switch the bloody things OOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF THEY DRIVE ME NUTS..

http://www.sports-only.com/wrestling/flash321/angry.jpg

went a short drive 4 BLOODY PAXOS with their fog lights on, about 10 cars in total driving the fogs on, clear night, no rain .. visibily distance about 40 f**king light years.. arrghh w**kers..

thx for listening.. i feel a bit better now..

Renault Laguna Coupe

Couldnt agree more. BMW drivers seem to suffer the same affliction. There must be a note in the handbook something like:

In reduced visibility turn on your fog lights using switch A. Theres no need to turn them off, as your BMW dealer will do this at the next service.

Clio 1.6 16V

hear hear!! .....................if only the manufacturers could invent a cost effective visibility sensor and do away with the fog light switches!

im waiting for my custom made furry dice and then my fogs will be on purrmanently. Kh Kh Khhh oh and Id like some of these mexican gas shocks to make the car do the lambada.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

oh and on that short drive that was a 100% sucess rate on the saxo front..

4 saxos ... all of them with their fogs on ?

One guy in some people carrier, going along a busy high street.. FULL BEAM + Fogs..

he got the universal w**ker sign from me..

BMW X5, Exige 260.

the best is when they combine front fogs with only sidelights and no headlights, t**sers.

my missus 106 quicksilver will only allow them on with full beam, which is a good thing otherwise shed think they were headlights or something ;)

Mr2 Roadster

Everyone in South London with a hot-hatch is guilty and most of those without. When I asked my bird why she leaves hers on all the time, she said "because my Dad says it look good like that."

Nevermind!

Mr2 Roadster

I only got charged £20 worst thing was it was foggy... Didint want to argue as the t**sers would have just ripped the car apart (my old R5) and caused me as must trouble as possible. Only in the intrestes of safty and nothing to do with them being arses!

I went thru the sidelights and fogs phase, but it does look very retarded so i never use the fogs, then doint even really work that well in fog, more lights = more reflection from the fog so its a catch 22. I think Saxos are wired with them on all the time tho :p

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

The idea of fogs (i believe) is that the will light up the road directly infront of you, and with them being lower to the ground the will cause less reflection, but your right, they arnt really good enough, and the beam seems to scatter in all directions as opposed to directional at the ground.

yeah, when they are needed they dont really work, i personally just leave them off in the fog nowadays, but sometimes I put them on, more of a "be seen" kinda thing for other drivers

I always use my front fogs until one smashed and so the new one is brighter than the other and looks wan*!!!

Dont see whats wrong with driving with them on.

Going to get a beating know aint i????

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

*gets ready to give klmillard a beating* :devilish:

cause the fogs are so uni-directional they are very bright and blind oncoming drivers at night.

Dogmaul, I agree it is a neat feature, although I would have to say that I have switched the auto lights off, cause im used to switching the lights of manually it feels wierd when you pull up, turn the ignition of and reach for the lights at the same time only to find the lights are off already.. heh.