ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front ABS ring hell!

Renault Sport 182
Well fitting new ABS RELUCTOR rings on my 182 today what a nightmare!

First of all weather was absolute crap lol second every thing was seized third JR off of ebay sent me rear rings by the looks of it as they were about half the width of the old ones which i only realised when everything was off grrr!

So was just wondering if what i done will work ok as ive fitted two rears next to each other on the drive shaft, i cant tell yet as my ABS light is constantly on meaning i must have an open circuit on a sensor or somthing so need to get it on the diag machine.

Oh how do you normally get the shsft out of the hub as it was a nightmare also getting the two 18mm bolts back in the ball joint those two took me ages to do :-/

Any advise as i have the other side to do tomorrow?

Thanks

Dodgy one
You only need to use the one ring, I used a rear also and centralised it over the sensor tapping it with a punch, I removed the balljoint bolts, Track rod and brake caliper IIRC, then pulled the shaft out

Renault Sport 182
Yer the seemed to be stuck tight in, took a good few hits from a hammer, the hard part was not ruining the the threaded part of the shaft, should it freely move in and out? How hard was getting the two bolt holes lined up on the bottom ball joint for you putting it back togeather?

Cheers

Dodgy one
Erm, dont be hitting the driveshaft directly with the hammer you will chew the ends up, It should move in and out easily and the ball joint lined up easily too, Think i'd done the job in an hour start - finish

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
putting the bolts in the ball joint is easy a bar on the arm under the subframe to pull it down so its nice and straight as for the rings didnt know you could do that put rear on the front

Renault Sport 182
Erm, dont be hitting the driveshaft directly with the hammer you will chew the ends up, It should move in and out easily and the ball joint lined up easily too, Think i'd done the job in an hour start - finish

Well you beat my 5 lol nar didnt move in and out freely

i hope i do not need to remove my shaft as it is stuck very well, and looks like the previous owner took the hammer to it