ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front brake flexi hoses

Black Gold 182 W/CupPacks
Is it worth upgrading to braided ones when I am only going to be driving on the road?
Fitted a new tyre at the weekend and noticed my brake discs are fucked on the inside and the pads have not worn very well so going to replace them with some Brembo discs, and maybe genuine pads, not decided if aftermarket ones are worth it or not (any suggestions on pads?).
I will be doing a brake fluid change at the same time and was wondering about the flexi hoses. Any opinions? I think it may be a waste of time seeing as it does not get any track use but on the other hand anything that helps you stop better has got to be good right?

Cayman S Edition 1
Fitted the K-tec ones a few weeks back to front and rear. Make a nice firm improvement.

It won't stop any better, but you might get better pedal feel (I know in theory you should but for most times you can lock the brakes anyhow).

Often the "better" feel is indirectly due to having freshly bled the system at the same time as fitting the braided hose. The factory pedal feel is awesome IMO, very firm and if anything a little over-sensitive to what I'm used to.

Some new OEM discs and some decent pads are the first steps to brake improvements IMO.