ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front Door Speakers

Mk2 Ph2
Looking to replace my front door speakers as the owner before me has put 10cm clarion SRR 1027's in, obv there too small so looking to get a better set for around £30-£40 anyonce recommend any good ones?
Cheers!

Iceberg 172
I don't know a lot about inPhase stuff... My mate has just started stocking it... I thought it was cheap and cheerful but could be wrong.

But they coaxial speakers... 2 way.

Which is fine but components will sound better.

Megane 265 Cup
What brand would you recommend mate? I am lookin to do my speakers soon, not very clued in, dont wanna spend mega money just something middle of the road price wise. Prob just gonna replace the four door card speakers.

fiesta st214, clio 182ff
What kind of Rms should you be lookin at? I heard around 45 would give a good sound but mite be wrong. Wot are the standard speakers rms and wattage anyone?

I've got SPL components with an external amp. They're 60 watt RMS.

Re. standard headunit, they normally state the max Wattage, so realistically a headunit stating 4 x 45w is actually only around 17watt RMS roughly iirc.

So unless your amping them, whatever RMS you get you'll be running them underpowered if just using them off a headunit.

Iceberg 172
What brand would you recommend mate? I am lookin to do my speakers soon, not very clued in, dont wanna spend mega money just something middle of the road price wise. Prob just gonna replace the four door card speakers.

Middle of the road would be most Alpine, Pioneer, Infinity, Kicker etc etc.

Better would be Focal, DLS, Hertz, Orion...

I'm going to keep my std HU... but use a convertor to convert my speaker outputs to low lever RCA output... so I can have a good 4 channel amp powering 2 sets of decent components as I want it to look std.

I'm not sure on what I'll go for yet!

I'm no expert either though, I just have a keen interest in ICE (not 5 x 15" subs... just good sounding systems) and one of my mates owns his own ICE Installation company behind where I work!

Megane 265 Cup
Yeah I was in my mates new Civic the other week and he had put Focals in it, which I must admit I had never heard of before and the sound was brilliant out of them, really brilliant noise. Will maybe check them out.

clio 1.6 16v
focal ftw! got these in mine, i admit they cant handle much bass but hey thats for the sub to deal with but are highly sensitive and reproduce music extremely sharp and clear :)