ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front Left Squeak

Megane R26
On my way back from work this afternoon I noticed a fast intermittent squeak which sounds like it is coming from the front left side of my 172 cup. Its pretty quiet and you can only hear it in car with the window down driving along a wall or a hedge.

It isn't effected by the engine revs, only the speed I'm travelling. The quicker the speed the quicker the squeak. It is also effected by the suspension and the squeak completely stops when I am on the brakes.

I have done a search and haven't found anything as specific as this. Also my mechanical knowledge is poor at the best of times. I have had a poke around but can't see anything

Thanks!

ph2 Clio 172
Hi mate, seen as its speed orientated would it be something to do with your brake pads? what kind of shape are they in? are they loose? its the fact that the problem goes away when you brake, drive at 60mph and push your foot ever so slightly on the pedal, just enough to push the pad, if the squeak stops id say its defo brake pad related.

Megane R26
Thanks mate, will give it a go. Wont get a chance tomorrow but I will report back monday