ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fuel consumption rs 200 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing wrong with wanting better MPG on your commute. Not red lining first at every stop in traffic, slamming brakes on 10ft from the lights.

But if you're never taking it over 3k for the sake of trying to get a few more miles out of the tank you're a sad f**k and you should buy a different car.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I used to do the MPG test on my vee's, a steady cruise at 70 would bring around 35MPG, press on up to 85 in 6th & you were in the high 20's- up to 100 & it was low 20's-

Doing a similar sort of test in a 182 I could probably squeeze 45MPG, although that is real conservative driving - changing gear at low revs & feathering the pedals-

If people want to go for high MPG figures then well I guess thats up to them- especially on a commute to work, however it does kind of defeat the object of buying a performance car-
Especially something like a 182 that is at its best when your driving it hard & chucking it about-

back to the OP- average driving brings mid to high 20's- Give it mega stick & your low 20's- drive it like a pansie & you will get 30 MPG-
S

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Forgot to mention - I have only ever run my 200 on SUL 98RON, I think this also helps (on past vehicles it's paid for itself with the slight economy difference).

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I used to do the MPG test on my vee's, a steady cruise at 70 would bring around 35MPG, press on up to 85 in 6th & you were in the high 20's- up to 100 & it was low 20's-

Doing a similar sort of test in a 182 I could probably squeeze 45MPG, although that is real conservative driving - changing gear at low revs & feathering the pedals-

If people want to go for high MPG figures then well I guess thats up to them- especially on a commute to work, however it does kind of defeat the object of buying a performance car-
Especially something like a 182 that is at its best when your driving it hard & chucking it about-

back to the OP- average driving brings mid to high 20's- Give it mega stick & your low 20's- drive it like a pansie & you will get 30 MPG-
S

Really? At 100mph in the Vee on cruise (Autobahn) i was averaging High 20's!!! 80-100 there was no difference! I got over 330miles to a tank in Germany!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Didn't really occur to me tbh! - Although most likely given the condition of the UK motorway network.

Just certain RPM's/Speed which seem to work better for the Vee.

PMSL at being banned for having an opinion that a 182 cannot and will not average 50mpg if driven by any normal and sane person. Good old CS.

Personal insults? FLOL. Maybe I should report the 'c**t' posts. So many retards!

JLOL!

Focus ST-2
My personal view on all this is that if you're buying a performance car then buy it because you like it/love it, not for it's MPG. I agree it's beneficial to have both but buy it because you like the car. I've swapped my 182 for a Focus ST, the fuel bill isn't great (21.8MPG at the minute) but I like the car a lot so I bought it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Unless you are averaging a constant 40mpg+ then these quotes of "I can get 45 on a run" are useless. What are you averaging over a tank? That figure is what you need to go by.

This is CS remember...

They clearly don't... It's not like Porsche have just spent millions developing a hybrid supe, oh wait.

That's going to be $845,000 Roy, are the people that buy those all peasants too?
What about people that buy tesla's? Peasants? 335d? Peasants?

Not every fucker who doesn't want to waste fuel is some poverty stricken idiot who shouldn't be allowed to drive a fun car. Get down off your f**king high horse.

Sorry. I've only just seen this. I don't recall suggesting that anyone with an eye on economy is a peasant. Those are your words, not mine.

My only point all along has been that getting 50mpg from a 182 requires such EXTREME driving, that the same driving would return far better mpg in an economical car. Anyone who can achieve 50mpg in a 182 (moreover, wants to) is either lying, or really really should be driving something else. I'm unsure that any normal person would disagree, but then this is CS, home to an array of daft c***s who'll argue anything without actually understanding what is being said. Rar rar rarrr etc. etc.

omg this thread still going.... end of the day if your worried about MPG get a 1.2 or a diesel if you want a good fun hatch thatl make u smile everytime u floor it buy a RS

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
PMSL at being banned for having an opinion that a 182 cannot and will not average 50mpg if driven by any normal and sane person. Good old CS.

Personal insults? FLOL. Maybe I should report the 'c**t' posts. So many retards!

JLOL!

The funny thing is Roy is that you're the only one in this thread banging on about 50mpg!

And lol at suggesting reporting people when you've consistently been calling people retards/c***s in this thread for not sharing your opinion:rolleyes:.

Maybe because that's the only point I have made and yet it seems to upset a plethora of [word filtered]s who can't read?

Anyway yeah whatever. 50mpg. Awesome.

PS. I didn't call anyone a c**t. I agreed that I was a c**t. FLOL at the retardation! :D

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
damn thats really crap tbh, my 172 can see 50+mpg.

If you want an RS and you're concerned by fuel .. buy a Ph1.

My Ph1 saw 40mpg easily, 45-50 when trying.

My Ph2's is between 30 & 35 (indicated) which isn't amazing as it's optimistic against my own mpg calculations. Also given my 300+BHP Scooby turbo wagon does ~25mpg without much effort even when there's a 7 year old hoodlum behind the wheel (me!).

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
a 172 or 182 or whatever will not do 50 mpg on a tank. any car can get 50 mpg. rolling down a hill for a mile for example. i agree, the talk of 50mpg is full r****d stage.

my old 197 averaged 26.4 mpg on the onboard computer over about 35,000 miles. so about 24mpg then i guess?

BMW335M/Clio200/182
Sorry. I've only just seen this. I don't recall suggesting that anyone with an eye on economy is a peasant. Those are your words, not mine.

My only point all along has been that getting 50mpg from a 182 requires such EXTREME driving, that the same driving would return far better mpg in an economical car. Anyone who can achieve 50mpg in a 182 (moreover, wants to) is either lying, or really really should be driving something else. I'm unsure that any normal person would disagree, but then this is CS, home to an array of daft c***s who'll argue anything without actually understanding what is being said. Rar rar rarrr etc. etc.

Kinda like you then.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
a 172 or 182 or whatever will not do 50 mpg on a tank. any car can get 50 mpg. rolling down a hill for a mile for example. i agree, the talk of 50mpg is full r****d stage.

my old 197 averaged 26.4 mpg on the onboard computer over about 35,000 miles. so about 24mpg then i guess?

But that is not what the thread starter asked is it?

It is. :S

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I love how people like to quote worst case figures for the 197/200 and compare them to extreme figures from a 172/182. PMSL at 50mpg. I got 99mpg the other day for a hundred yards. Does that count?

Anyone getting 50mpg from a 182 should sell it to someone who wants it. I ran around 27 in my 182 but that's because I didn't keep resetting it and driving like an MPG r****d, trying to impress people with the numbers. The 197/200 is of course heavier on fuel, because it's a heavier car, but drive it like the 50mpg freaks, and I bet you could get 40 from it with the same driving.

In my own head? OK so let's break it down then since you seem to want to discuss it properly. 50mpg from a 182 is not representative. It's not achievable in normal driving. It may be possible to average that at 55mph on a motorway for 30 miles, but in that case I bet it's very possible to get near 40mpg from a 200. I know this because I can average 38mpg in my car. Therefore my car is better on fuel than a 200? PMSL. MPG discussions are clearly for retards, and on that basis, I'm out.

Not 50 though? WTF?

JLOL!

My only point all along has been that getting 50mpg from a 182 requires such EXTREME driving, that the same driving would return far better mpg in an economical car. Anyone who can achieve 50mpg in a 182 (moreover, wants to) is either lying, or really really should be driving something else. I'm unsure that any normal person would disagree, but then this is CS, home to an array of daft c**ts who'll argue anything without actually understanding what is being said. Rar rar rarrr etc. etc.

Like I said Roy is the only one banging on about 50mpg... Most of us already know that 50 is a little far fetched but Roy just can't let what 2 people have said go and seems to think that is the "retarded" opinion of us all.

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
I have got rid of my evo 8 because of running costs. I fancy a rs 200 what average consumption could I expect. I never use to bother me about fuel consumption but with the price of fuel . Cheers

This is what the thread starter asked, so anything other than a 200 average mpg is probably just a pointless post.... oh wait page 6 already :eek:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
But that is not what the thread starter asked is it?

Post 1, sentence 1, word 19. Average. The OP asked for average consumption. Not what the extreme cases are based on rolling down a hill with a tail wind after resetting the computer.

Da

Less
I think the OP has had his answer, and this thread is rapidly descending into an argument! :dapprove:

Status
Not open for further replies.