ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fuse problem

Im trying to connect my mstation to my car. Ive found a good earth and power supply which have been checked using a neon light. My problem is that my 5amp fuse keeps blowing everytime the circuit is complete.

Its a long time since i had this unit in my car so all i can think is at some point ive put the wrong type of fuse in e.g possibly there should be a 10amp fuse in there.

Can anyone else think of possibilities?

Antone now what fuse it needs?

It runs of a 12 volt power supply if this helps

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Err, what about the possibilty that the wires running to where ever you are tapping power off are not thick enough to run more than 5amp and the fuse blowing is stopping your car from going on fire.. hence the entire point of the fuse box

ok im not an expert on these things but ive managed to run this thing from the same point before no problem. Im running the power to the cigarette lighter power cable and earthing direct to the battery.

Wouldnt the fact the fuse is breaking also mean that i was drawing more then 5amps if the fuse was breaking?(correct me if im wrong).

Whats your suggestion to me _kdf?

Do you think i should run the power direct from the battery using thick wire?

The wire im using to tap into the cigarette power and connect the earth where supplied with my mstation so i should imagine these are sufficient.

If the power wire to the cigarette lighter couldnt carry 5amps would this cause my fuse to break?