ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GDI Engine Build For YozzaSport

oy i said i have to be the eternal optimist when i said that you cad.

power output details in a few weeks. have to do some tweaking for the road now that we have got it set up on the dyno.

/y0z

[Edited by y0z2a on 8/18/2005 7:24:14 PM]

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 18 August 2005

and the exhaust "was" 105db BEFORE this engine was created
YozzaSport system? Sounded lovely that did. When I was sat behind Yoz in traffic I actually stalled my car becase I couldnt hear/feel my engine at all!!:oops:

172, Tiguan

hmm, well your wanna keep the noise down because in the current climate they wont let you on anywhere! We had enough problems with the last Westfield and that was 102 most of the time.

The silencers repackable isnt it? I hope it is for next week or youll be sitting in the carpark, and with all the breadvans going you dont want that!

MERCEDES CLS AMG

That engine is a work of art - i would frame that and hang it on my wall.....sod racing it :D

fantastic stuff

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 19 August 2005
217 and 178 lb ft is my guess.

incorrect, keep on guessing!!!!

i feel like Bruce Forsyth, "higher higher, lower lower!"

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

rev limit at 7500, does not need anymore...... with these cams anyhow..

with different cams, it would make more power but you loose the drivability.

a.

Lionel Richie

Cheers for the comments folks

We went for Drivability not for pub b****cks: "i have 400 bhp etc..." so I HAVE THE FASTEST CAR IN THE WORLD, we dont like that mentality ;-)

As Andy says torque was the big aim for us as it is the key requirement for most other people who are actually serious about their cars.

We have got a selection of six other wilder camshafts (proven performance) should people want to have bhp at the top end at the sacrifice of drivability at the bottom end of the rev range. NB some of these require solid lifters and other internal modifications beyond what we have.

Just for reference the 172 / 182 has about 140 ft/lb (roughly) peak, we have that torque at 3000 rpm with this kit ;-) (148 is about the standard figure)

the reason we dont want to go wild with these figures is that this is an initial map on a brand new engine, we got great results and are over the moon, but need to run the car on the road to find out if there are any alterations that we need to make to the map to improve it further. Not being cagey, just trying to keep an element of sensibility with it all, rather than everyone saying oh its bullsh*t figures - we set it up on an engine dyno that is used by cosworth to set up all of their maps, that has tolerances built into it to the nines, so we know that the dyno is VERY accurate - to the point where gravitational pull is factored in???

GDI have everything back into the car to be running tomorrow. Only problem is getting a zorst to run to the ring as a temporary solution as our exhaust guys dont work on saturday. Andy, Stuart and Phil has done a sterling job so thank you for all of your hard work.

/y0z

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Quote: Originally posted by Andy GDI on 19 August 2005

the torque is available from just under 5000 all the way to 7300

it was 141ft/lbs at 3000 rpm!!!!
AWESOME! i wanna ride if its there next time i visit!!

[Edited by Gary G on 19 August 2005 at 9:49pm]

Fred, how about getting it to a local powerflow outfit or the likes? temporary but theyre open on saturdays

yes, thats the plan gary - buy something to meet the noise limits and that can be binned for a decent system when we get back home. Jas has recommended somewhere in Harlow that he has used in the past.

Once we get back from germany and get it on the rolling road we will be able to put some sensible at the wheels figures as the transmission losses could be quite high - we will find out, as no-one else has been able to do these tests yet.

Nurburgring is to check the drivability and the map in a safe (ish) environment and to learn the circuit a bit to have a go at beating Jon_r / EvoGones / Davy / Eddd ;-)

/y0z

/y0z

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Not bothering with sound deadening on the firewall?! hardcore lol.

Also, spot Freds handywork lol

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

well its got heatwrapped manifold as well for gods sake...

but this is Yoz we are talking about!!!! he is HOT!!! rofl!