ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox broken and engine cut out.

Clio 172 , Leon FR
Hi everyone i'm after some advice..

On Friday my 172's gearbox decided to dump itself all over the road. The second it blew the engine cut out, is this normal ? I was changing from 3rd to 4th when it blew and I had yet to release the clutch pedal when it went bang, after the quick ( oh sh*t ) moment, I noticed steering had got mega heavy and the brake pedal was pretty useless. at the point I had clocked on that my engine was no longer running.

I want to know if this is normal and all I will need to do is replace gearbox or it sounds like its more than that in which case I may have to look at other options.

Thanks

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Guessing the gearbox breaking jammed the bit that connects to the engine, thus making it stop?

Clio 172 , Leon FR
Gonna hopefully take the box off tonight or tomorrow and find out exactly what went inside the box. Can you turn clio engines by hand? Trying to think of the safest way to check the state of my engine.