ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox questions

Clio 172
So I understand a bit more can someone answer the below questions?

The part arrowed RED should it have movement backwards and forwards (what does it do)
The part arrowed BLUE rubber cover what is it covering/reason for being there
The part arrowed with big arrow should this have movement in it? (whats it do)

Sorry if these questions are on the dumb side but just would like to know how everything works

Thanks

Capture_zps89532392.gif

I do believe the rubber part holds oil to keep the parts inside moving properly,

the red arrowed bit is part of your gear selector iirc, (its the bar attached to your gear stick)

Clio 172
So I take it the gear selector is meant to have some slight movement in.

May be the cause of the oil around the area then if that rubber boot is not sealed properly/perished

So I take it the gear selector is meant to have some slight movement in.

May be the cause of the oil around the area then if that rubber boot is not sealed properly/perished

yeah you can move it by hand from underneath

and possibly depends on how much oil/grease there is in the area?

if it is a large amount it would more likely be a leak from the gearbox elsewhere

Cup In bits
Red is meant to move, blue is a dust guard and white should not move.

your selector seal is probably leaking which is very common and nothing to worry about. Clean it up and monitor the leak.