ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting back into PC gaming, Views on this?

Tesla MP3 2021
It looks ok but I'm more of an Intel and NVIDIA man myself. There seems to be a few peeps on here who want a decent gaming PC but aren't prepared to build one them selves.

My advice is if you are going to buy a pre built one then shop around and to make sure you are getting the best spec possible for your money and don't just buy the first one you see.

Last edited:
  Tesla MP3 2021
Well how much do you really want to spend?

For me it would have to be i7 and one of the below, but it all depends on your budget.

http://www.meshcomputers.com/Defaul...SG=PRODUCT&ENT=PRODUCT&KEY=609606&APPS=447151

With the 6GB option

http://www.meshcomputers.com/Defaul...SG=PRODUCT&ENT=PRODUCT&KEY=547335&APPS=447151

ok. not really sure! assuming ssd is solid state drive?

Yeah it is. You might be best having a read up about SSD's to see if its really what you are after. I believe they are going to be more optimized for Win7 over Vista.

http://blogs.msdn.com/e7/archive/2009/05/05/support-and-q-a-for-solid-state-drives-and.aspx

Last edited:
  Jap Shed
christ i have no idea! so out of date....
if you were in my position (PC BIFF!) with 1k to spend on any brand.......?

Jap Shed
Cheers Snubbs...

I will buy off the basis of you guys advice i think, Far Cry was big when I was into gaming!!

I would build my own... as you would have proper named components, high end stuff and it would probably work out cheaper.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Can i ask what your reasoning for not wanting to build one is?

Is it because your lazy and can't be bothered shopping around for different parts or is it because you lack the knowledge/skill to do so?

If its the latter, you really should consider it, its not at all difficult to do theres lots of websites out there that will guide you through it, it really is like putting a jigsaw puzzle together and you can't really go wrong.

Building your own PC is cheaper (and not just slightly, you could easily build a computer capable of running the latest games on medium-high for 500 quid + the monitor, keyboard etc, still would work out alot less than 1k) and you can tailor the PC to suit your exact needs. Alot of these PC's come with lots of fancy stuff that although sounds fantastic, you really do not need. If you did want to spend the full 1k you could build a far superior PC to one you could buy in a shop.

For example, a 1 terabyte hard drive. That is a stupid amount of information, there is no way that any gaming users apart from hardcore pirates/video editors/CAD users would ever need that amount of space. If you did fill that amount of space your computer would be running like a 486. It just encourages you to install a load of s**te, then leave it there, taking up space and slowing the system down. If you have a decent sized hard disk, 200 gig is more than enough for an average user, then it not only saves you money but it stops you being lazy because you will actually bother to uninstall those games you finished last year and will never play again.

Seriously, look into building your own, your shooting yourself in the foot and throwing money down the s**tter otherwise.

Jap Shed
Can i ask what your reasoning for not wanting to build one is?

Is it because your lazy and can't be bothered shopping around for different parts or is it because you lack the knowledge/skill to do so?

If its the latter, you really should consider it, its not at all difficult to do theres lots of websites out there that will guide you through it, it really is like putting a jigsaw puzzle together and you can't really go wrong.

Building your own PC is cheaper (and not just slightly, you could easily build a computer capable of running the latest games on medium-high for 500 quid + the monitor, keyboard etc, still would work out alot less than 1k) and you can tailor the PC to suit your exact needs. Alot of these PC's come with lots of fancy stuff that although sounds fantastic, you really do not need. If you did want to spend the full 1k you could build a far superior PC to one you could buy in a shop.

For example, a 1 terabyte hard drive. That is a stupid amount of information, there is no way that any gaming users apart from hardcore pirates/video editors/CAD users would ever need that amount of space. If you did fill that amount of space your computer would be running like a 486. It just encourages you to install a load of s**te, then leave it there, taking up space and slowing the system down. If you have a decent sized hard disk, 200 gig is more than enough for an average user, then it not only saves you money but it stops you being lazy because you will actually bother to uninstall those games you finished last year and will never play again.

Seriously, look into building your own, your shooting yourself in the foot and throwing money down the s**tter otherwise.

have a full time career and compete in national sport so have sod all time.

lack of skill too!

Chelsea tractor
have a full time career and compete in national sport so have sod all time.

lack of skill too!
So did I and I still manage to build my own ;) Only takes about an hour if you haven't done it before. Save it for a weekend afternoon.

Jap Shed
well i need a hd surely!?

this is £1450
with 2x memory cards

System Base Price: £ 868.70
Intel® Core™ i7 920 Quad Core Processor (2.66GHz,8MB Cache) - LGA1336
Genuine Windows 7™ Home Premium Edition - English
Super Tower 98 XGS+ Xtreme Gaming Chassis - Black Mesh + 950W PSU [upg £ 25.00]
ASUS P6T SE Mainboard - Intel Core™ i7 & i7 Extreme Edition - ATX
6GB 1333MHz Triple Channel DDR3 SDRAM - ( 3x2GB ) [upg £ 52.50]
2x 750GB Serial ATA2 Hard Drive with 32MB Buffer (1.5TB Total)
Raid 0 Configuration (Stripe)
Blu-Ray Combo Optical Drive ***Special Offer *** (Blu-ray R, DVD/CD RW) [upg £ 62.50]
2x 1GB ATi HD4890 Graphics accelerator (CrossFire for Ultimate Gaming) [upg £ 150.00]
22" Iiyama ProLite E2208HDS-1 (1920x1080) Full HD Monitor (DVI,VGA,WS,Spkrs - 5ms)
7.1 High Definition onboard sound card - for 8 Channel Cinema sound
Razer Arctosa Gaming Keyboard & Diamondback 3G Gaming Mouse [upg £ 88.00]
1 Year Hardware Warranty - Return to Base Parts and Labour (UK Mainland only)
1x1.gif

P6T SE mobo is bottom of the range.
6Gb of ram you won't ever need unless you are dual screening with various CAD applications open and rending 24/7. Its also unbranded, so probably break within 3 days.

950W PSU, thats all good and all but is it a decent one? Will it serve its purpose?

Would you really fill 1.5Tb of space? Seems extreme!

Would be better off with an i5 system and better mobo, that way you can overclock it to get the full potential out of the chip.

Jap Shed
thanks mate. if your not too busy could you have a look on the mesh site or similar for somthing good?

Want to spend £1200 with monitor ect, for gaming.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i built my own. search technology forums for ''thesloth'' i was and am a total noob. I built mine with zero knowledge.

tbh building it is the easy bit. getting the bloody thing to boot successfully took me a few evenings. LOL

but would definetely recommend it. So satisfying and the PC is like virgin sweet. You can abuse it as you like.

self build ftw!

The cooler will already have some kind of paste/pad on it which would be fine to the average user :)

Not sure if he will be into overclocking quiet yet ;)

172 Cup
Only problem with your choice is that the H50 isn't shipping with LGA1156 mounting brackets yet.

Chelsea tractor
The cooler will already have some kind of paste/pad on it which would be fine to the average user :)

Not sure if he will be into overclocking quiet yet ;)
Wouldn't that kind of defeat the point of having a H50 though ;) - using thermal pads :dead:

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
would advise against the Corsair PSU personally, mine failed and it seems quite a common problem.