ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ordering this PC soon, any thoughts?

Be warned. Forgive me if you're already aware;

PC gaming can get f**king expensive if you get smitten with big displays and maximum frames. Console gaming is far better VFM.

Jap Shed
Roy I know what your saying but i cant deal with FPS with a controller!! lol
cant wait to get back on COD 1 online multiplayer!!!!

nice one Mike.

Roy I know what your saying but i cant deal with FPS with a controller!! lol

Totally agree, my friend. FPS is best played on PC. No exceptions.

I'm not suggesting PC gaming isn't worth the effort. Far from it. High res PC gaming on a high end system with a big display, lays the smack down on consoles.

Clio 182
I like that!
would i need 32 or 62 bit OS?

64bit these days, most software will still work the main drawback in the early days was drivers but now they make drivers for both versions.

And OCUK seems to have a bad rep on here but i have ordered lots of stuff from them never had an issue returning items or speaking with them. Also check out the reviews they are popular systems.

Jap Shed
64bit these days, most software will still work the main drawback in the early days was drivers but now they make drivers for both versions.

And OCUK seems to have a bad rep on here but i have ordered lots of stuff from them never had an issue returning items or speaking with them. Also check out the reviews they are popular systems.

Yea I read the reports on that system and the service and pc looks really good. (Titan Goliath)

Revels Mum & Sister
I must say I have never had issues with OCUK. BUT I have never had to return anything.

I know people keep banging on about it mate but building is really the way forward save yourself some cash and get a better spec. People here can help you spec it and build it. It is not a black art. It is a piece of piss.

If retards like me and Roy and even SEB can build them you will not have a problem.

Jap Shed
nothing really wrong with the two you posted. I agree with changing the GPU, imo try and get the best you can and a GTX285 is a good choice.

Take a look at this as well http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-030-OE

Intel CPU's are a must really.

Went for this one with ATI 4890 graphics card along with a Samsung F2080 20" Widescreen LCD Monitor.
cant wait! thanks for all your help guys!

Off to fit my KTEC coiles now!! :)

Better than yours. C*nt.
Just hope nothing goes wrong. Getting an RMA out of them is impossible - David's mouse arrived broken and it was all his fault, I had a DOA barebones and they wanted it for a week to test after saying I could drive up to get it swapped, they've told me I have to use the Mfr warranty on several bits that I need a swap on...

Don't say I didn't warn you, but hopefully it doesn't go wrong - enjoy!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Be warned. Forgive me if you're already aware;

PC gaming can get lovely expensive if you get smitten with big displays and maximum frames. Console gaming is far better VFM.

Having just tried out a system running on a 26" @ 1900x1200 compared to my 19" @ 1280x1024, I can fully agree!

A larger monitor is definitely at the top of my upgrade list....

D.

Yeah I'm running 26" at 1920x1200. It makes any good look simply immense, it also requires a lot of rendering power. I'm sure you've seen my Crysis grabs ;)

Monaro VXR
The 4890 is a bit out dated now. I would have kept the crappy standard card and then swapped it out in a few months for something decent. The 4*00 series is done now. If you want decent frame rates and some future proof you need to look at the 5870 / 5970.

Amazing cards just can't pick them up yet hence keep standard crappy card then buy one of the decent cards in a couple months when the supply catches up with demand and the prices go down.

Should have built it yourself though. It really is incredibly easy to do. Nothing can basically be put in the wrong place everything can only fit in 1 place. So literally a case of 30 screws and about 12 wires. Not difficult to build a computer. Only takes an hour or so for a first build too. Once you have done one though you can knock out a simple build in about 10 minutes.

Jap Shed
The 4890 is a bit out dated now. I would have kept the crappy standard card and then swapped it out in a few months for something decent. The 4*00 series is done now. If you want decent frame rates and some future proof you need to look at the 5870 / 5970.

Amazing cards just can't pick them up yet hence keep standard crappy card then buy one of the decent cards in a couple months when the supply catches up with demand and the prices go down.

Should have built it yourself though. It really is incredibly easy to do. Nothing can basically be put in the wrong place everything can only fit in 1 place. So literally a case of 30 screws and about 12 wires. Not difficult to build a computer. Only takes an hour or so for a first build too. Once you have done one though you can knock out a simple build in about 10 minutes.

if i ever need another pc i might try mate!

Better than yours. C*nt.
3DMark Vantage now. Depends what you're benching though. Benchmarks IMO mean s**t nowadays.