ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

getting the best from a 1.2 16v

Clio 1.2 16v
wanting to make some little mods to the 1.2 clio to make it even a tiny bit quicker, other than exhaust system de-cat and induction kit is there any other ways to make it quicker ?

cant get anything bigger as inssurance :(

thanks

I wouldn't waste your money.

The things you've listed will barely make any difference anyway, other than sound. Best off saving your money for something quicker. Not the mention the increase in insurance.

DCi 100
Get a passenger ride at a trackday in a properly fast car.

You'll realise that modifying the 1.2 is more pointless than nipples on men. Use it and then in afew years bin it for something else.

Removing weight is the only thing worth doing, while saving money for something better.

I always wanted my MK1 1.2 to be faster when I was 17, yet I carried 2 heavy 12" subs around and heavy TSW alloys. Stupid.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Just don't waste any money on it. When you can get reasonable insurance, make sure you can afford the car and running costs at that first instance - should be alot easier if you haven't spunked loads of cash on shitty mods that make f**k all difference.

Jap Box
OT but that guy appears to only sell products to scam people, what a joker!

Looks like hes sold to Feedback score of 13038 people too, pretty clever guy if I ever saw one rinsing idots of their money seems to be a good ebay business.

I love his feedback replys too, pure classic.

homemade disc. didnt fix yellow ? marks in hardware like it said it would.Buyer: Member ID vimeus1 ( Feedback score of 6 ) 15-Oct-10 19:14
iconFdbkCnvrsB_20x20.gif

• Reply by trevorthomas10 (15-Oct-10 19:18):

Only 1 in 500 buyers unable to use this ,requires an education ,probably a Gipsy

arived quick but didnt cure my p.c made it worseBuyer: Member ID ianlou1960 ( Feedback score of 14
iconYellowStar_25x25.gif
)

No longer a registered user
18-Oct-10 14:49
iconFdbkCnvrsB_20x20.gif

• Reply by trevorthomas10 (18-Oct-10 14:58):

Sorry but the cd does require you are smarter than a 5 year old, check other FB

Lots of good stuff on CD.Would be useful to some but not to me.Buyer: Member ID eddiemcm ( Feedback score of 94
iconBlueStar_25x25.gif
)

04-Apr-11 21:22
iconFdbkCnvrsB_20x20.gif

• Reply by trevorthomas10 (04-Apr-11 21:30):

I bought a ticket to the moon once but then realised i couldnt go,i feel ur pain

Last edited:

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Strip it mate, take the air feeds off the airbox if you want a bit extra noise

Jap Box
take the air feeds off the airbox if you want a bit extra noise

Surely thats not a good idea at all :S

Agree with everyone else to strip it though, just resale value is ruined then unless you keep the parts to put back on before sale.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
ITB's ;)
On a serious note though, save your money and buy some quicker in a year or so when your insurance has dropped a bit

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
1.2s are slow. they always will be. like everyone else says, save your cash.

i had mine stripped out, its far lighter, more fun through the corners when the back end starts twitching, and it sounds louder inside :)

take the CAF off the airbox like others said, sounds a bit better.