ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going to replace Suspension parts - some tips?

Hi

I'm going to replace some suspension parts as my car is knocking and steering towards the left.
It could be steering towards the left because of tracking that needs done but I'm not liking the various knocks and other things so I have purchased the following for peace of mind:

2 new bearings, (one of them definitely needs replacing, might as well do both)
Both Wishbones,
Ball Joints
Track rod ends

The knocking noise is more common when I turn slightly left or let go of accelleration which rings the "CV joints" alarm bells in my mind. Looking on the internet, I can't get them seperate - I will have to replace the full shafts which I'd rather do to be honest.

So, what is the best method of actually diagnosing the knocks and noises?
Any tips on which parts to replace first or any torquing figures ?

monaco 172
Get a bar and check for any play in the ball joints, rod ends etc. But as you've bought the stuff anyway you can check as you fit. If nothing appears off then check the shafts for any excessive play, also check the inner tie rods for play.

Strut top mounts can also get noisy

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
A tip for doing the work, get both front wheels of the ground, so then you are not fighting with the anti-roll bar

I only say this because I spent hours trying to get the driveshaft/lower shock bolts in with just one wheel in the air. Proper senior moment and when I was told about it I felt a right moron.