ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

good insurance for young drivers Helpplz

Ok, Im 22, male with one year on the jolly-ol no claims, licence for 5 years, no points, and no smacks. I want to insure a Ferrari F348 (group 20+) worth £29,980. It IS a UK car (RHD) and is totally standard. The best quote Ive had so far is £2900 limited 4k mileage. Which, Im sure youll agree is crap! Does anyone know any insurance companies who are GOOD for young drivers? Somewhere who doesnt take the piss?

Thanks alot for any info!

id say try elephant , but i think most wont want to know because of the car and your age, and most will want you to have a limited mileage policy i think,

if you were 25 on the other hand it would be well cheaper !

still a rarri at 22 is some going !

TT 225

Well i have been quoted on a group 19 car (im 23, licence 4 years and 3 yrs ncb, no points, no accidents) for a normal policy (no restrictions) fully comp £1150

But it was with Diamond the insurance for girls. Tesco were quite good tho, but didnt quite match it

I get insured on my dads cars sometimes by a family friend who owns an insurance company. He told me you have to be at least 25 for a group 20 car and you could be looking at £10k for insurance! To get insured on my dads M3 now would cost me £72,800, obviously more than the cars value, so i would just get flat refused. I think it would be the same for you, you need to be 21 just to drive a hot hatch!

-Rob

Silver Fabia vRS

I was 19 when I had my 172 and I was looking at buying a BMW M Coupe but cant quite stretch to the price. Insurance for me (23, 4 years NCB and driving for 5 years) was £1300, not bad when you consider its a group 20+ car.

Stanced Honda S2000

try renault, churchill or norwich union direct. im 20 and they where the cheapest 4 me.

hope that helps

172 Cup

Why do prices change so much from place to place ie Tesco just quoted me £590 but Buget were over £900.

Oh yes I am 29 with 8 years NCD

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 16 September 2003

What! You must mow the lawn a bit for daddy then!
Ive seen daddys lawn and Andy mowed it for pocket money, I could quite believe that he could buy a Ferrari at 22.... ;)

E36 323i coupe

At 22, Im surprised anyone will actually give you a quote. Most - including Churchill - wont insure anyone under 30 on any car over Grp 16. When I get my 172 Cup in October I will be 25 and the insurance is easier... I have 7years no claims, protected and am paying £640 full comp thru Renault Insurance for that and its a group 16. I was thinking about a 1.8 MX5 at one point and several insurance brokers literally laughed at me.

Try Liverpool Victoria they do good cheap quotes for most people. Also Tesco are almost the same price although they want to know more about your car and how many miles you do. Plus mods are charged for with Tesco whereas Liverpool Victoria let you do anything as long as the CC isnt changed and you tell them about the mods.

Anyway £2.9k seems excellent value on a group 20 car my mate had a new SXI Corsa at 19 and insurance was £2.2k on a 10k a year policy

EDD

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 16 September 2003

What! You must mow the lawn a bit for daddy then!
no, I just didnt go to university and went straight to work at what Im good at, and now I earn quite a lot of money and own a house too!

Z4 Roadster

I was going to buy a saph cosworth -

im 22, with 2yrs NCB. The car had a stage 1 chip, konis and and mongoose exhaust.

Greenlight were the best at just over £1650 fully comp, limited to 10k miles. Tesco, Direct Line and Privelege were the best for a standard car, but wouldnt touch me with mods. :(