ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodbye 200. Hello r26

RS200
Clio and Meg together as i swapped them. Sorry for the poor pics they were done on my phone and couldnt get a good angle as there wasnt much space.
Im well happy with the Meg its a lot faster than the clio, feels more planted around the corners where the clio would understeer. Although there is lift off oversteer in the Meg.
My opinion is that its a better car and im very happy with it! :D

Attachments

• small meg 1.jpg
    small meg 1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 126
  • small meg 2.jpg
    small meg 2.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 132
  • small meg.jpg
    small meg.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 130

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Doesn't seem a great deal for the 200 owner, but I'd like to see the ex-Meg new 200 owners review..... ;)

RS200
to be honest i dont think anyone with a 6month old 200 will get anymore than about 14 on a good day! And i got about £500 of work done free 12 months tax and free extra year warranty with the car so dnt think its a bad deal.

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Actually I've just looked at prices on R26's and it wasn't such a bad deal, agree on the 6 month 200 value :)

DB.

BMW 440i
Id definately rather be in the Meg if it were me! Good choice, shame you couldnt have made it 8 months ago!

Mountune Tractor
So you 'bit the bullet' in the end and went for it!
Do like the Meg, alot, just not sure I would have taken the hit on the wallet. If you can afford to do that though why not! Enjoy.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Money no object I'd take the meg, not sure if I could have lost money mind!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I agree I don't think he's done too badly. It lost 3k as he drove it out the showroom.

He's done pretty well considering he wanted to change his car.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
^ What does that have to do with the price of cheese in Czechoslovakia?

He has a girls name and a 200.

LY 200
NICE!

How wide is the Meg compared with the 200? I didnt think there was much in it but the Meg looks abit fatter in those pics.

Megane R26
Good swap IMO - I just changed my R27 for the R26 and it's definitely the better car, but is a touch less 'fun' overall.

The Meg is a better place to be 90% of the time though

RS200
Good swap IMO - I just changed my R27 for the R26 and it's definitely the better car, but is a touch less 'fun' overall.

The Meg is a better place to be 90% of the time though

Yeah the clio felt more chuckable but i think i just need to get used to the car being bigger. If you were on a track i would say the clio is easier to drive quickly. But if you knew what u were doing then the Meg would be quicker.
What suprised me in that first pic is how small the 200s wheels look compared to the Megs there only an inch smaller

Mountune Tractor
That would be relevant if a used 200 was worth anything like £15k but it isn't, so it isn't.

Ok he only lost £2.5k not £3.5k, my bad.
The Meg he has now got is gorgeous I just wouldn't happed straight swaped it for a 59 reg 200.

I probably wouldn't have swapped either but, TBH the 200 was probably worth about £13k the instant it was registered, so he hasn't lost a lot IMO besides the obvious cost of changing car and taking the depreciation hit on the existing shed.

Mountune Tractor
Fair enough, it wasn't me who swapped anyway so lets move on.

Any plans for the Meg famguy or you keeping it standard?

RS200
Yeah lets, i really dont know yet i have seen a LY meg with tinted windows which looks quite nice so might think about that. At the moment im happy with the power but when i get used to it i,ll probably get a remap but i can only just afford the insurance atm so might wait a bit. Im only 21.

Mountune Tractor
Yeah lets, i really dont know yet i have seen a LY meg with tinted windows which looks quite nice so might think about that. At the moment im happy with the power but when i get used to it i,ll probably get a remap but i can only just afford the insurance atm so might wait a bit. Im only 21.

Fair play :cool:.

^ What does that have to do with the price of cheese in Czechoslovakia?

He has a girls name and a 200.

Gale you are a douche :p

Well done dude enjoy it, far more scope to mod it if thats what you are into.

In a year Gale i will have a girls name and a RS so i wont care what you say. :rasp:

In all serious tho dude it looks wicked.

Money no object comment made me laugh as why would anyone have a clio over the new meggy of a boxter over the GT3 RS or the standard 430 over the 599 :p

Megane R26
Defo get a RS Tuning Box and Stage 1 map (you can remove it at will...) at some point - I'm getting one in a few weeks. Totally transforms the car...

RS200

In a year Gale i will have a girls name and a RS so i wont care what you say. :rasp:

Money no object comment made me laugh as why would anyone have a clio over the new meggy of a boxter over the GT3 RS or the standard 430 over the 599 :p[/QUOT

If you get an RS mate then i,ll be well jealous. group 19 insurance though! :(

Money no object comment made me laugh as why would anyone have a clio over the new meggy of a boxter over the GT3 RS or the standard 430 over the 599 :p[/QUOT

If you get an RS mate then i,ll be well jealous. group 19 insurance though! :(

At 22 with 4 years no claims (Touch wood) it will be around £1500 to insure. Its alot but i i love to drive, ive had a really s**t year and i think it would make me happy. Very few out goings etc so may as well, only young once.

Clio 1970000000
I think it is a fair swap. The Meg will have already taken a bigger hit in depreciation as it is now almost 3 years down the road so in another 3 years time it will probably be worth as much or more than a 3 year old 200.

RS200
Had the chance to take some decent pics! so here you go....

Attachments

• 178.jpg
    178.jpg
    523.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 179.jpg
    179.jpg
    545.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 183.jpg
    183.jpg
    517.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 182.jpg
    182.jpg