ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gordini stripes dimensions?

hey guys first thread but i need to ask a bit of information from you knowledgeable people :)

iv got a clio 1.2 16v that i have been personalising and customising as and when i have money :)

im at a mid point and would appreciate a bit of advice as i would like the clio gordini stripes on my car in green so need the dimensions (width, length, distance apart from each other and location on bonnet) but cannot find them anywhere :/ please help

here a pic of the car so far and then what i want it to look like finished

399299_334214899922507_100000019987278_1302028_218075590_n.jpg

379498_333541469989850_100000019987278_1298478_82912157_n.jpg
394348_2689535052014_1665603630_2410027_2091865801_n.jpg

Any advice/help is appreciated :)

*note to anyone reading :) i will be changing the engine, sub frame, suspension, and anti-roll bars in the next couple of years for a higher engine, possibly the 2.0 16v or the rally spec depending on price and ease :) so please dont hate or call me a ricer etc... i just want a nice looking car that looks and rides nice paying tribute to the clio legend :D

i have already painted the green on the inside and grill etc and the green on the outside will be the exact same colour, i have (as you can see) replaced the full interior for the cliosport half leather and i am planning on getting it piped etc :) although i appreciate your opinion mate :D

because i dont have that sort of money im afraid, i bought this as a standard clio extreme, as a student holding 2 part time jobs there is no chance of getting the gordini sadly and i have grown to love this car and make it my own personalised motor

Red
Scrooge is being nice.

You want to look nice? don't do that s**t. Look up Knuckles or Tom at Wests for nice non sports. Or even brembos if you can find it.

*note to anyone reading :) i will be changing the engine, sub frame, suspension, and anti-roll bars in the next couple of years for a higher engine, possibly the 2.0 16v or the rally spec depending on price and ease :) so please dont hate or call me a ricer etc... i just want a nice looking car that looks and rides nice paying tribute to the clio legend :D

Next couple of years.

Just sell up get a 172/182.

Dont add stripes or the green crap either.

look guys i appreciate your opinions but i am doing this to my car and was after some constructive criticism if any was only asking for the stripe dimensions...

the car is and will be mine so as i like it im afraid that its staying and you must surely agree that it will be one of a kind (no sarcasm please)

as i said in an earlier reply i am a student and do not have the money to sell up and get a 172/182 and i want to make this my own personal car (especially as its my first car and i have put alot of work and effort into this just to get it running let alone to the stage its at atm (top 2 pics)

107 Track Car & C4
Surely by the time you've spent all the money on doing everything you say you are going to do to this, you could of brought a 1*2...?

You asked for advice...

Oh Halfords DUB sticker cool, whats DUB about it?

Honeslty dont do it, it/you will be become a laughing stock.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Asking for constructive advice, then getting al defensive when our constructive advice is....

Don't do it. It will look s**t. And in 2/3/4/5 years time you will look back and shudder at the thought of driving around in a stickered up turd.

I know because I was young once and did the same to my 1983 Metro 1.0L

Have you changed the suspension? How does she ride?

Indeed, it will.

thanks C.J it is on brand new renault shocks and springs so hasnt been lowered im afraid though it will be when i have the money to get it dropped by 60,

and the ride is fantastic shes sat on 17's with 32 psi in so its soft enough to counteract the harshness of low profiles :)

Surely by the time you've spent all the money on doing everything you say you are going to do to this, you could of brought a 1*2...?

afraid not... the car only cost me 1800 2 years back and iv only actually spent 700-800 upto date for everything done to it (interior, paint, wheels, sound system, head unit, twin trap active sub, tints and halfway through building a shelf)

so really to be honest iv got it this far on a ridiculously low budget as its only had input from myself, and i never have lumps of 1g upwards at a time before the cost of living and insurance etc is taken out.

Last edited:
I did it by researching more more and some more, look at pictures of originals, looks for markers where they start and end. Check my project thread and you'll see mine.

This would be great advice for someone genuine, with an RB. To me this looks, smells and reads like a massive troll!

I do not believe.

i just want a nice looking car that looks and rides nice

One word: Juxtaposition:

Being constructive:

* I like the old-skool intentions rather than the generic "make my 1.2 look like a 172" route.t
* Less is more. There's a black 172 near me/on here with bright orange bullets & wing mirrors, it looks great. Striking, gets noticed, not over the top, orange and black work well together (unlike that particular shade of green)
* Lower it juuuuust a tad to cure the arch gap.
* A skoda fabia vRS front splitter will look cleaner IMO (£11.32 or something so really cheap. search "fabia splitter" on here)
* BTW, what actually is the point of Monster stickers? Monster has nothing to do with cars, you're not Ken Block nor do you have a WRC Fiesta RS? Remove them.
* P.S. a 2.0L conversion will genuinly cost more than buying a good condition 172 (except it won't have the handling, nice interior or toys like cruise, ESP, climate control etc)

TL:DR way too much green. Pick a different colour also. Orange or white may work well.

Search for a thread called "show your non-sport in here" or similar. A great thread showing how non-sports can look great without just copying the 2.0L RS models.

I did it by researching more more and some more, look at pictures of originals, looks for markers where they start and end. Check my project thread and you'll see mine.

This would be great advice for someone genuine, with an RB. To me this looks, smells and reads like a massive troll!

I do not believe.

believe my friend as this is my car, i am just looking for advice which you have my thanks for btw.. but i am not a troll and i will start showing my car around the clio meets as soon as its finished so you may meet me in person one day if you go

One word: Juxtaposition:

Being constructive:

* I like the old-skool intentions rather than the generic "make my 1.2 look like a 172" route.t
* Less is more. There's a black 172 near me/on here with bright orange bullets & wing mirrors, it looks great. Striking, gets noticed, not over the top, orange and black work well together (unlike that particular shade of green)
* Lower it juuuuust a tad to cure the arch gap.
* A skoda fabia vRS front splitter will look cleaner IMO (£11.32 or something so really cheap. search "fabia splitter" on here)
* BTW, what actually is the point of Monster stickers? Monster has nothing to do with cars, you're not Ken Block nor do you have a WRC Fiesta RS? Remove them.
* P.S. a 2.0L conversion will genuinly cost more than buying a good condition 172 (except it won't have the handling, nice interior or toys like cruise, ESP, climate control etc)

TL:DR way too much green. Pick a different colour also. Orange or white may work well.

Search for a thread called "show your non-sport in here" or similar. A great thread showing how non-sports can look great without just copying the 2.0L RS models.

Juxtaposition? and i thought about orange and black but believe me when i say the green looks less horrible in person. i will upload more pictures when its finished and when its better weather here in donny

believe my friend as this is my car, i am just looking for advice which you have my thanks for btw.. but i am not a troll and i will start showing my car around the clio meets as soon as its finished so you may meet me in person one day if you go

If your not a troll, then best of luck, because of all the car forums in the world, this one will like your plans the least.

As said, good luck.

Have you considered getting Godzilla airbrushed along the side?

no? im gunna get an outline of the clio badge on the side about 1-2inch thick in green (empty in the centre).

but that sounds like an appealing thought lol
kudos to your revels :) how much you reckon an airbrushed godzilla would cost?

If your not a troll, then best of luck, because of all the car forums in the world, this one will like your plans the least.

As said, good luck.

thanks but i have no worries as always you get criticism either way but there will be some people on here that approve of what im doing rather than taking a standard clio and turning it into a sport..

nothing wrong with that btw but its not my style i like individualism and diversity

no? im gunna get an outline of the clio badge on the side about 1-2inch thick in green (empty in the centre).

but that sounds like an appealing thought lol
kudos to your revels :) how much you reckon an airbrushed godzilla would cost?

Depends on the size and the detail really. If you wanted something like the Empire State Building included to give an idea of scale, it would obviously cost more. Maybe £500? Big head on the drivers door, body going down the rear quarter and the tale across the boot.

thanks C.J it is on brand new renault shocks and springs so hasnt been lowered im afraid though it will be when i have the money to get it dropped by 60,

and the ride is fantastic shes sat on 17's with 32 psi in so its soft enough to counteract the harshness of low profiles :)

Good to hear. Get some more pictures up of her.

Any from different angles? More of the rear/loaded boot?