ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Greeny 172's Fast Road/Semi Track Clio 172

I must say, having only just read the updates of your thread that your car is really starting to take shape and look pretty epic! Have you bedded the brakes in yet? Trust me once you've bedded them in they are not as noisy and are a lot less snatchy plus they brake even harder in my experience!

Would be good to see this on a track this year sometime! :)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Cheers mate :)

Fitted a standard headunit today and ordered a aux cable of MT AUDIO and a cheap 4Gb nano as I wanted to get away from using CD's. Getting a front set of Yoko Parada Spec 2's fitted tomorrow as my Toyos have seen better days, there isnt alot left of the sidewalls :)

Also having a nightmare trying to find someone that sells sticky velco to secure my doorcards so gunna have to get some ordered online today which is abit of a mare!

200 FF Storm Grey
Great thread and progress mate.

You're quite similiar to myself in terms of how you're styling it (except you've gone black yellow and ive gone black red) and what you've done and want to do, although alot of what you've done is only on my to do list lol.

Had the rear of mine stripped for some time, not properly though, took the tar out today, take the panels out next weekend and then spraying the rear black, also ordering the k-tec coilies which are to be fitted end of next month, how have you found them?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Great thread and progress mate.

You're quite similiar to myself in terms of how you're styling it (except you've gone black yellow and ive gone black red) and what you've done and want to do, although alot of what you've done is only on my to do list lol.

Had the rear of mine stripped for some time, not properly though, took the tar out today, take the panels out next weekend and then spraying the rear black, also ordering the k-tec coilies which are to be fitted end of next month, how have you found them?

Cheers, its getting there but has taken sooooo long, cant wait till its finally ready to get out on track.

Im using my old Gaz Gold rear springs so my rear end sits slightly lower than yours might, but for the money they are fine. I only ever got them as a go between set of coils but have ended up keeping them as the car handles great with them really, had an awesome session on backroads last night on the way home at midnight, grip grip grip :) I always made the mistake of having my old coilovers set to stiff, as you cant adjust the dampening on these they are abit softer than I would of ever set my previous coils and it seems to help a shed load.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Right, had last week off so did a couple of bits to the car, got a local garage to remove my rear locking wheel nuts which I lost the key to! So I could then fit my genuine rear discs and red stuff pads, they seem to have made a slight difference in braking but its probably in my head, whatever the case they are better than the nearly 3 year old set I had on their previously.

I fitted my Carbon fibre front and rear door cards, I wanted to rivit them to the car but as its unlikely I will sell my car whole and to make it easyier to sell when I do I attached them with sticky velco, winner.

DSC00300.gif

DSC00299.gif

DSC00298.gif

Had a 6 hour round trip to meet Guppy to get his rear MSV rear cage off him!!! :D :D :D :D Well worth the trip and Guppy is a top bloke so thanks alot mate :) I think im the 6th or 7th owner off this cage from this forum though, its a proper *****! Obviously its currently white but it will be changing to yellow in due course, but if I get bored of that it might go gloss black.

DSC00294-1.gif

Finally I ordered a set of CNC matched inlets from JMS and a Race filter + spray to give me the maximum airflow coupled with my v6 box and 45 degree hose, hoping for good results when I revisit my local RR again. Hoping to fit these next weekend as im at the BTCC all this weekend.

DSC00301.gif

Well I think thats the Clio basiclly done for me, no doubt there will be a few bits that go wrong and require attention but minus spraying the cage I have it exactly how I want it without spending silly amounts of money, just need to enjoy driving it now and get some track days booked.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Finally fitted my matched inlets, look at the state of the lower that came off, the yellow lines being where the holes should line up to!!
DSC00293.gif

Hopefully spraying the cage yellow next week along with fitting some Brembo HC discs and an oil change :) Nothing major planned for it this year just a tidy up and some track days.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Oh and a fairly recent pic even tho shes ten times as dirty now, a wash is also on the cards for next week weather dependant! :)

148692_10150339371360175_549785174_16255107_3590271_n.gif

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You need some spacers on the bottom of that roll cage sir.

How is guppy, he doesn't come on here much now. Whats happened to his car??

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
You need some spacers on the bottom of that roll cage sir.

How is guppy, he doesn't come on here much now. Whats happened to his car??

Seemed good when I picked the cage up about like 3 months ago, top bloke, car was fine I think, sounded great :)

Spacers yeah, it came with some but not big enough, ive still not fitted any yet, seems solid without any though.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I know it needs spacers because thats my old cage! lol. ;)

I know lol, and about 10 other peoples from here isn't it? its a f**king *****. I just mean I can rock the car with it bolted it as it is, so seems solid enough apart from looking abit odd without the spacers there!

200 FF Storm Grey
How you find the suzuka mate? Been looking at them myself, between that and the imola at the mo

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
How you find the suzuka mate? Been looking at them myself, between that and the imola at the mo

Suzuka is alot better for a drivers seat imo, hugs me really well, the imola is perfect for a passengers as its a much move relaxed setup

Evo 5 RS
just noticed you've got the rear carbon door cards.. after a set of them but can't justify the price tbh..wafer thin mdf ftw

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
just noticed you've got the rear carbon door cards.. after a set of them but can't justify the price tbh..wafer thin mdf ftw

Got the fronts half price so wasn't to bad, tidy's it up but yeah, much cheaper ways of doing it :)