ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gt cams bhp figures inside .

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
probably got some "clever" timing going on that's made all the power (lol....ok there isn't any) at the top of the revs, which isn't what James cams (421s IIRC) should be doing. Mines peaked and dropped off by about 6.5k ish (mines the same as burpspeed engine with jenveys instead of AT's)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
are the throttles opening fully? I had loads of greif getting AT's to open to full throttle (f**king s**t design)

got to be honest, drove another tdf itb car after doing the clutch and it felt like standard power, not the 212 is was claimed at.

Lionel Richie
yep first thing i checked, i remember doing the burp car with 60% throttle

Copper Dave's was quick though (that the one you on about?)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Was that Ash's car then which made 175 I take it?

Crikey, they did well to manage to get that little power from 421s and bodies.

Maybe his overheating is cause its missing 10 degrees of ignition, lol

phase 2 172
Will put my rr printout soon,like I said the car feels loads quicker.But we think it only had around 150 bhp to start with,this was due to jaguar not timeing the car up properly at the last timeing belt change.God knows why the last owner took it to jag for a timeing belt,still think there is more to come from the car as its running standard exhaust(except the decat)and standard paper air filter.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
the op car with the gt cams?? if so thats cracking figurtes.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
My mate has just had sams old trophy mapped again after a de-cat and ITG Maxogen. It made 183.5bhp at RS Tuning, it feels like it should have more power when on the road, I was very impressed when driving it, would've blown my old one to smithereens and that was making 182bhp at RS tuning. It's how the cams perform at the top end that really impressed me, the power just keeps going and going.

Can't wait to get some 421's in mine now

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Its mad how much rolling roads vary.

Daz had his RR'd at TSR local to me where Dan just made 200bhp with his RS2/197 cam, and Daz made 173bhp there.

Daz's just been to ktec today and apprently with NO changes since it now runs 187bhp.

Dan should take his there, would be about 214 going by that seeing as he made 27bhp more on TSR than Daz did, FLOL!

Im guessing whoever rolling roaded Daz 's car at Ktec today obviously doesnt have much milk in their tea, PMSL

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
What are the main differences between 428's and 421's regarding power delivery?

421s arent quite as good lower down but are massively stronger at the top end, and also better in the middle, 428s are actually quite mild cams by comparison, only halfway between standard and a 421 really.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
421's or gt cams for road? im guessing gt cams due to lower down torque/bhp where as 421's u need to be redlining everywhere to get the most from them?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
421's or gt cams for road? im guessing gt cams due to lower down torque/bhp where as 421's u need to be redlining everywhere to get the most from them?

The GT certainly seem to have a better torque spread but trouble is there havent been all that many cars on the rollers with them yet as you know these cars can vary a lot to start with.

421's arent that revvy on the stadard inlet, they pull pretty hard well before the limiter, I wouldnt say they arent road suitable (438 better option on standard ecu though as the smaller overlap from them being timed differently is more civilised)

My mate has just had sams old trophy mapped again after a de-cat and ITG Maxogen. It made 183.5bhp at RS Tuning, it feels like it should have more power when on the road, I was very impressed when driving it, would've blown my old one to smithereens and that was making 182bhp at RS tuning. It's how the cams perform at the top end that really impressed me, the power just keeps going and going.

Can't wait to get some 421's in mine now
yeah but i remember you telling me how you's were pretty much evenly matched when he 1st got it so you think the de-cat and remap has improved it considerably now?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
yeah but i remember you telling me how you's were pretty much evenly matched when he 1st got it so you think the de-cat and remap has improved it considerably now?

Yeah mate I pulled past him when he first got it, I just dnt think it was very well. IT turned out to have a nackered injector, so that's now fixed and the itg and de-cat have made it fly at the mid range to top end.

Paul thinks with advancing the inlet cam more ponies could be had however it's not worth it for the hassle.

Yeah mate I pulled past him when he first got it, I just dnt think it was very well. IT turned out to have a nackered injector, so that's now fixed and the itg and de-cat have made it fly at the mid range to top end.

Paul thinks with advancing the inlet cam more ponies could be had however it's not worth it for the hassle.
nar i wouldn't bother either, need to get mine back on now iv not got an abso fooked dephaser and goosed injector as you know last time it didn't do to well on the rollers but saying that when get a clutch and box chucked on i'll stick it on Dan's rollers to see what it makes on there

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
fred mentioned on the btm facebook page that he had an offer coming up for the gt cams but havent seen anything since, wonder what price he was thinking of offering them for.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
nar i wouldn't bother either, need to get mine back on now iv not got an abso fooked dephaser and goosed injector as you know last time it didn't do to well on the rollers but saying that when get a clutch and box chucked on i'll stick it on Dan's rollers to see what it makes on there

Stick it on Ktec's if you want some big numbers, I nearly fell over when I saw a graph from them today, like properly ridiculous.

Hopefully Daz will post it up at some point, it is proper comedy gold!

Stick it on Ktec's if you want some big numbers, I nearly fell over when I saw a graph from them today, like properly ridiculous.

Hopefully Daz will post it up at some point, it is proper comedy gold!

well NOVEMBER 2011 standard other than Milltek cat back & panel filter 182.3bhp and 160lbft then November 2012 with a Dephaser that rattled for around 50k and dodgy injector 166bhp belts had been done just before i purchased car and knew due to the mileage i do it would only be around 18 months before it needed doing so i left it.
Paul said he thinks due to the dephaser been so bad that it was probs picking it up as knock and also knocking the timing out, belts & dephaser changed along with a new injector and the car felt back to good health but still got to get it back on the rollers, just need to get a new clutch and box in now after mine seemed to go with a fair old bang around 2 weeks ago

easy enough, i just swing the inlet a touch

so would it be possible to still stick abit of advance on the inlet cam of Sam's old car as Chris mentioned above that Paul thinks there's abit more power to be had with abit of advance

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
so would it be possible to still stick abit of advance on the inlet cam of Sam's old car as Chris mentioned above that Paul thinks there's abit more power to be had with abit of advance

Yes already spoke to Fred about it. Think my mate will get it done next time the belts are due....if he keeps it.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
if he's anything like you he'll get shot and had another 1 or 2 before then lol

Nah he works in cyprus for the RAF so the car is just sat in garage, me and my mate take it out every few weeks to keep it ticking over, he loves astra's for some strange reason, just keep telling him to wait until we get up hartside in the better weather then he can see what the fuss is all about.

Lionel Richie

can do, but its a whole lot of effort for 5bhp MAX (which you're not going to notice!) Its a quick car as is, leave it alone!

Nah he works in cyprus for the RAF so the car is just sat in garage, me and my mate take it out every few weeks to keep it ticking over, he loves astra's for some strange reason, just keep telling him to wait until we get up hartside in the better weather then he can see what the fuss is all about.

yeah Hartside will show him what its all about, best time the cup has handled imo but i suppose its cos we had plenty of open road to chuck it about