ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT3 RS 4.0 + angle

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I've got this saved to watch on the phone. He posted the link on twitter last night.

Is he talking in it?

Lotus Elise
The greatest car in the world bar none. 100% Brilliant, you dont agree, then go boil your head.

I've got this saved to watch on the phone. He posted the link on twitter last night.

Is he talking in it?

Just turn the sound off. It's well shot with plenty of sideways action and slow loving panning shots both static and in action. If you have an issue with Harris it's worth putting it aside trust me.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't have an issue with Harris. I was just asking if he was talking. I hate shitty videos with just music. I want to hear him talking a little.

Awesome machine.

I thought you were a hater too lol. Not just music he does talk, although I don't think he was mic'd up very well.

Less than that, tbh the low volume proved more of an issue for most potential buyer than the price tag.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The greatest car in the world bar none. 100% Brilliant, you dont agree, then go boil your head.

+1.

Definite purchase if I won the Lottery. I don't care if they have all been sold - I WOULD find one.

Anyone who fails to see the purpose, attraction and desirability with the GT3 - needs to check that they are actually still alive.

D.

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup
Ive driven a 3.8 gen 2 and it was beautiful. I would eat poo to drive a 4.0litre

Lol

In EVO magazine a few months back I think he documented the finance details on this car. Iirc the monthly repayments are rather high;)

Stunning motor mind, and he obviously has a passion for Epic Porsches; fair play

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I thought you were a hater too lol. Not just music he does talk, although I don't think he was mic'd up very well.

Less than that, tbh the low volume proved more of an issue for most potential buyer than the price tag.

I Was going by the LHD £185k example on PH.

But is it his car? That video almost make out it his personal car, but even as connected as he is with the motoring world (ie discounts) I wouldnt have thought he could afford one?

As I say, just the impression I got from the video.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
as said before, a couple of months ago there was a breakdown in Evo of what deposit he'd paid and what the monthly figures were (and the final ballooooon payment).

That write up did lead you to believe it is his car, I don't know what he claims (or claimed) back off Evo.

Last edited:
It's his car IIRC, as for discounts? Not a chance. It's limited in numbers and buyers were fighting over build slots when they started taking deposits on them so they will have all sold at retail. Around £140k IIRC, cars asking price on PH won't be retail there will be profit on original price most probably bought by a speculator to make some cash.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Harris can irritate me sometimes. Not all the time, just when he harps on about the greatest cars being those that he can go sideways lots in.

But in this case he's a hero for having taken out £100k in finance just so he can say he's owned one.....even if its not for that much longer....£1280 PM is enough to make the eyes water.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
found it, it was in issue 163

PX'd Silver GT3 (put in remaining equity of that car) added £15,000 deposit. Paid an extra £1152 on debit card and borrowed £100,000 on Porsche finance.

Monthly payment of £1280.71 over 48 months.

List price was £135,276 but he added quite a few extras (over £7,000 worth).

PX'd Silver GT3 (put in remaining equity of that car) added £15,000 deposit. Paid an extra £1152 on debit card and borrowed £100,000 on Porsche finance.

I guess he paid the £1152 on creditt card to get a finance deal? Its a bit of a drop in the oceanpaying that its like paying £146 in card for a clio 200 (£18k list)

Clio 182
theres more info about his financing, and more interestingly, the car on Pistonheads.com - thats who he's doing these new video segments called Drive for. he's moved from EVO and is now columnist/video's man for PH. not a bad journo to get for what was essentially an online forum just a few years ago...

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup
Just watched the video. Epic car!

I want it (and I wouldn't mind the camera either)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

I genuinely wasnt aware a motoring journalist (with the exception of the Top Gear/Fifth Gear lot) was on the sort of wage to afford that, but I must be wrong.

Respect for the honesty there! If he can afford it why not :)

I dont pick up much more than he pays for his car lol

Couldn't have summed it up better myself. You can keep your Lamborghini's, Ferraris, Bugatti's. This is the one for me. The camera work in that film highlights how poised it is in every corner. Probably my ultimate driving machine, always have and always will have a soft spot for Porsche.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
I genuinely wasnt aware a motoring journalist (with the exception of the Top Gear/Fifth Gear lot) was on the sort of wage to afford that, but I must be wrong.

he won't be on masses, i can re-assure you.
Journalism / editorial (from when he was on evo) in general does not pay that well, he may be on a half decent wage but it won't be anything crazy

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

I would think that its a proper commitment financially from him to own that car, it wont be easy like it would the top gear guys.
Bet that car is worth more than a years salary to him in fact (gross I mean not even take home, probably nearer to 2 years net, and I bet its pretty much the whole 4 years disposable income).

Fair play I reckon, thats properly being a petrol head!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
He probably doesnt want one though, I'd sooner take the porsche personally over any ferrari in that sort of price range.

Knows.

Absolute dream car, great to see it being driven properly too.

Turbos.
I know a journalist that earns ok, he is freelance but also does driving tuition. He has owned a Muira, so can't be doing too bad! On the other end of the scale, my mate is a golf journo and earns i think less than £20k. You really need an editorial position, or clearly be recognised at the top of your game like Harris is. He is sought after, clearly.

Having to find an extra £1200 a month is certainly an incentive to work your ass off.