ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
He means the game won't let you take close up pics of the standard cars

It asks you to move further away, hence why my Skyline pictures are from a way back :p

LOL! Seriously?!

The Standard cars really do look shoddy though, so I'm not surprised!

350z GT
I have the same civic although not with the racing package fitted...mines running around 350 bhp an weighs in at 832 kg :D she is a beast lol

just looking around for cars to buy to rally atm...looking at a Lancia or maybe a WRC Xsara that has come up but would have to detune it a bit

loving the used car feature an looking for rare models etc :)

Octy VRS
Brake upgrades. From what I've found there aren't any, although you can "tune" them with the brake balance controller.

F82 M4
Right, my review of the game. I have both an Xbox and a PS3 so I was flicking between both this and Forza 3 for some comparrisons. Firstly, GT5 looks FAR FAR better. I was driving on the Tsukuba course on GT5, then I flicked over to Forza 3 on the same course, Forza looks like a cartoon compared to GT5. Also the handling on Forza feels alot more "Arcadey" than GT5, I felt more involved in the racing on GT5. Forza ofcourse blows GT5 out of the water with the customisation aspect, but I'm not overly bothered about that in a racing game.

To me GT5 just feels so much better, the racing is better, looks better and you get a really good feeling of the speed. Overall I would say GT5 is the better game, Forza for the lol's and GT5 for the Pro's.

This is all IMO ofcourse. But, none the less, I prefer GT5. Gets a solid 8/10 from me, a good thumbs up! :cool: (Only Uncharted 2 is a 10/10 for me!)

1.6 Ford Focus
For those who are struggling with the Samba Bus Top Gear race, I finally did it in 2nd place last night, the trick seams to be overtake on the outside by braking later and you can bump into the side of the other cars which helps around the corners.

Excuse the quality, its hard to stand for 5 mins recording the tv. I will buy a screen capture card soon...

Last edited by a moderator:
  Jap Box
Loading times have improved a great deal now :)

Gutted though, a 205 Gti came up in the used cars and I was 100credits short :( then went back later on and it was gone already.

Painted my Civic EK orange with black wheels and given it a carbon bonnet anyway instead now :rasp:

Listerine & Poledo
wow, that Fiat is amazing.

I thought my Honda S500 was gutless (although it does own anything when the track gets twisty!)

Kawasaki ER6N
Seems to be every single race or event you do 6 new cars pop up so in a 3 race series at least 18 new cars will appear.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Sambas were a pain, but pretty easy to win in. The lotus was slightly more complicated. But doable, on the last corner ;)

1.6 Ford Focus
Sambas were a pain, but pretty easy to win in. The lotus was slightly more complicated. But doable, on the last corner ;)

I tried the Lotus ones but quit the race after it kept sliding into the other cars.

Im hoping there are some kind of settings I can change to stop the sliding.

Anyone had any luck with the intermediate nascar school? The one where you have to stay at the top of the banked corner is driving me mad! It either twitches and hits a cone or scrapes on the side and costs me a few seconds.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Ok not sure if any of you have noticed but when winning a race the credits seem to be wrong.. for example go karts challenge on intermediate is 15,000cr if place 1st, yet when i win i get 34,000cr, did another race and that was also wrong, is it suppose to be like that or what :/

Breaking 172 NV676
Ok not sure if any of you have noticed but when winning a race the credits seem to be wrong.. for example go karts challenge on intermediate is 15,000cr if place 1st, yet when i win i get 34,000cr, did another race and that was also wrong, is it suppose to be like that or what :/

It seems to give you credits for 1st 2nd and 3rd if you win. Easy way to get a load of credits though

Listerine & Poledo

do you get the money for bronze, silver and gold at the same time? Like with the XP?

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I noticed the timings were a bit dodge, did a couple of times. Then it gave me the wrong trophies. NASCARs a proper t**t, managed silvers though, and gold on the last.

What's this £25 wheel? I'm interested?!

1.6 Ford Focus

Yes coz you also get the credits.for.second.and third too

I noticed that as well, really easy to get money though. I have only been playing the game for a total of about 6 hours and I can already afford the Viper race car.

Same as the achievements on the xbox If you complete game on hard level you also get achievements for easy and regular:)

Temptation to wander over to asda and pick up a copy as I'm off work is getting to me buy I'll resist until I've plated butters copy.

Kawasaki ER6N
Forza is more arcadey than GT its more of a pick up and play racer rather than a sim.

Dont get me wrong I love forza.

Forza is more arcadey than GT its more of a pick up and play racer rather than a sim.

Dont get me wrong I love forza.

If you're going to label GT a sim then you'd have to tag Forza the same. IMO they both sit somewhere between the likes of PGR, NFS, Grid etc and "proper" sims which are only on PC's.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I tried the Lotus ones but quit the race after it kept sliding into the other cars.

Im hoping there are some kind of settings I can change to stop the sliding.

Anyone had any luck with the intermediate nascar school? The one where you have to stay at the top of the banked corner is driving me mad! It either twitches and hits a cone or scrapes on the side and costs me a few seconds.

i've done the intermediate cant remember what i got though, got it done quickly enough

Qashcow
couple i took last night, car is Nismo R34GTR, non premium cars look 90% but the landscape.... oh the landscape!!!!

NrburgringNordschleife.jpg

this was zoomed in from the track, im sure some of you have stayed here too ;)

NrburgringNordschleife_1.gif

NrburgringNordschleife_2.jpg

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Why the need for comparisons? Some people will prefer forza, others gt. And most people will probably have one console, so the comparison is null and void.

Starting to feel like apple vs pc's!!

Fiesta ST-2
I noticed that as well, really easy to get money though. I have only been playing the game for a total of about 6 hours and I can already afford the Viper race car.

For the special challenges you only get paid once. So if you get bronze first you get paid for bronze then if you get gold you get paid for gold and silver. It does clearly show the trophies being added together when you get your money.