ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GTA IV Trailer... Not long now...

Mk2 Golf GTI
I think that looks awesome!

Yeah so it might be Liberty City again but it's definitely not Liberty City as we've seen it in previous games. It's gonna be bigger and better and i might just have to buy a console for that game alone!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I think that looks awesome!

Yeah so it might be Liberty City again but it's definitely not Liberty City as we've seen it in previous games. It's gonna be bigger and better and i might just have to buy a console for that game alone!

You wont be alone in that respect, I bet!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've watched it 3 times now, and you can start to imagine walking around those locations and using a sniper rifle on unsuspecting innocent people! lol. Well, they have another few months to perfect it now :)

The Beast MK4
Im still hoping for a wee bit of countryside or perhaps another island with an Airport.

The possibilities are endless...

Lee

BMW M2C
I've watched it 3 times now, and you can start to imagine walking around those locations and using a sniper rifle on unsuspecting innocent people! lol. Well, they have another few months to perfect it now :)

I've just watched it 4 times. I can't wait. All they need to have done is sort out the messy controls and give me more of what I love, cars, guns, women, drugs and a good cast of characters. Something Rockstar get so right with the GTA series is the mood and feel. It's funny without being as in your face as Saints Row. Subtle genius in the writting is what does it. I'd take a game like the last 2 again if they looked as good as that. GTA VC in the new engine would be amazing.

Monaco 172 2/468
It'll be immense I can't wait, I just hope they add some good online elements to make it last for for ages :)

Some crazy co-op type missions are the way forward, it made Crackdown a lot of fun

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Gta Iv

OMG have you seen the trailer for it!! Cant wait for it to come out in October. Just got to buy a PS3 now!!

RB 182 Cup
Re: Gta Iv

i cant wait but ive got to save up with my brothers to buy 1!!! My mum & dad recon we are to old for playstation now??? But she bought me a psp for my 18th lol??? takes the piss :(

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Anyone preordered it? Its £39 and most PS3 games seem to be £49? Im going to wait a hile to buy my PS3 though as there a tad dear at the mo.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Why would you buy a PS3 for this game when it'll be just as good on a cheaper XB360? Unless you want a PS3 anyway?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
lol..

One of the buildings is called 'GetaLife'
and one of the adverstised drinks is called 'Sprunk'
and a new burger from Burger Stop called the 'Heart Stopper'

PMSL..

This game looks awesome... cant wait!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
lol, indeed. I think those are insights into the game's "This is not real life" theme. Its a game at the end of the day, and could well be the greatest of all time! Pre-ordering now might be a good idea, to be honest! It'll no doubt sell out very quickly.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Is the main site just going to update with more trailers eventually? Or is that "ye lot!" ?

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
Gamespot Update :

After weeks of anticipation, the trailer for Grand Theft Auto IV has premiered on the game's official Web site. The preview, which can also be downloaded below, offers millions their first glimpse of the eagerly awaited game--and some clues about its setting and characters.

At first glance, the trailer, titled "Things Will Be Different," shows what appears to be New York City. Landmarks like the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, the Chrysler Building, and the Brooklyn Bridge are all clearly shown in vivid detail, thanks to the new RAGE graphics engine, which was previously used in Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis.

However, the devil is in the details, and a closer look at the trailer appears to indicate that it is set in a totally revamped version of Liberty City. A ship registered to Liberty City is shown docked at a wharf. A derelict "Liberty Ferry" is shown, as is a skyscraper with the logo "Liberteen" in front of it. During a shot of a Times Square-like plaza, a sign for the Liberty Tree newspaper can be seen, as can a small banner that appears to say "Welcome to Liberty City."

When questioned by GameSpot, a Rockstar rep played coy. "We would like to let the trailer speak for itself," he said. "However, we can confirm that all footage in the trailer 'Things Will Be Different' was captured directly from 720p gameplay running real time in our RAGE engine on a next-gen gaming console." The latter comments make it unclear if the trailer is for the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 version of the game.

One thing that is clearly present in "Things Will Be Different" is the series' traditional wicked humor. Re-creations of various landmarks had parody names, including the MetLife Building, which sports a giant "GetaLife" logo. The Times Square replica contains a movie poster for the fictional film I Slept With Your Mom and a billboard for Top Hooker, an apparent parody of reality show America's Next Top Model. The trailer also shows that several faux brands from San Andreas will return, including Sprunk, Cluckin' Bell Chicken, and BurgerShot.

The trailer closes by introducing what could be Grand Theft Auto IV's protagonist. A swarthy man with short black hair and a beard is shown in close-up looking around. "Life is complicated," a voice-over says with a pronounced accent, possibly Eastern European. "I've killed people, smuggled people, sold people," the voice continues, "perhaps, here things will be different." Given the series' signature violence, that prospect appears unlikely.

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=770373

awesome. i was right though! its liberty city.

rockstar wouldnt ruin the fictional banterous aspect of their games by making it a specific city. mind liberty city is meant to be fictional new york though.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Why would you buy a PS3 for this game when it'll be just as good on a cheaper XB360? Unless you want a PS3 anyway?
might buy it on the ps3, it will be nice a quiet compared to my tornado sounding 360 ;)

No mention of online for this and tbh, thats what will be the deciding factor for which system I buy it for, if there no online then it will be PS3, if its online then 360 although I have some friends on both so will be a difficult decision as to who i want to play with and by october no doubt a lot more people will have either console!

Clio_Smart
Looks really good.

He seems like ahe will be a very good character

This is going to be mad on ps3 and xbox 360

I think i will buy a xbox 360 or ps3 for when this somes out and for fifa 08

Not sure what to go for ps3 or xbox but im thinking slightly towards xbox

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Trailer doesn't give that much away really, doesn't even let you know if the Russian type guy is the main bloke...

Anyway, found '10 things you didn't see' ......

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=161126&site=cvg

Great find. Here are the details :

It's Liberty City!
Despite internet reports claiming otherwise, GTA IV is indeed set (at least partially) in Liberty City - or more likely Liberty State, the area beyond Liberty City. If you're still not convinced, you can see the words 'Liberty City' plastered on a docked tanker in the trailer, a ferry and of course there's also a glimpse of the 'LCPD' patrolling the GTA IV streets.

As you can see from the comparison screenshots at the bottom of the page, the layout of GTA IV's Liberty City seems to resemble we remember from the PS2 - though obviously there's a whole lot of extra detail washed onto the streets.

As for what's beyond the walls of the famous GTA III locale, the trailer confirms GTA versions of the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty and a fun park including rollercoaster, which were all missing from the PS2 instalment.

The time setting
While there's already plenty of debate over what time setting the next game takes place in, there are plenty of cues in the trailer to suggest a modern day setting for GTA IV.

The vehicles in the trailer all look pretty 2007 to us - including a BMW look-a-like and a sports car that has a very post-2000 design. There are also plenty of advertisements plastered around Liberty City that also cropped-up in the 90s-set GTA III, including Burger Shot and Cluckin' Bell.

Is that really the main Character?
The narrator in the trailer is a Russian character whose background seems to revolve around murder, smuggling and erm, selling people. The internet is already shouting from the electronic rooftops that this Eastern European chap will be the main protagonist in GTA IV, but really the trailer confirms nothing of the sort.

What it does confirms is that the story will somehow bring Eastern Europeans into the equations, which leads us to wonder what's happened to the Leone kingpins from GTA III.

Hit the water
Multiple-viewings make the GTA IV trailer's emphasis on water-based travel even more apparent; there are shots of bridges, ferry ports, a dock and some of the prettiest water effects we've seen to date in a sandbox game.

A realistically floating buoy 16 seconds in seems to suggest dynamic water physics for the fourth instalment, and of course you can see the gorgeous refraction effects later on in the trailer. A spot of boating for GTA IV seems a near-cert then, but - for as much as we hope - we just can't see jet-skiing going down in the Liberty City harbour.

Cast Your RAGE
As has always been heavily assumed, the next GTA ditches Renderware to make use of the graphically-spectacular Table Tennis RAGE engine (Rockstar Advanced Game Engine).

The confirmation comes from a Rockstar representative who told Gamespot: "We can confirm that all footage in the trailer was captured directly from 720p gameplay running real time in our Rage engine on a next-gen gaming console."

And the engine seems to be working well for the series - as you can see from the trailer tech-wise GTA IV is looking very impressive.

Super Pedestrian
We're expecting lots of advancements in how realistically the inhabitants of Liberty City live and work, but already there are a number of improvements on show in the short teaser.

At the beginning of the video you can see that the driver of the blue sports car is adjusting his rear-view mirror - a very nice touch indeed that we would never have seen working on the PS2. The pedestrians on the streets also have fully-modelled faces and carry groceries and books, which certainly adds a more realistic vibe to surroundings that the aimlessly-walking residents in GTA III.

The funny is back!
Oldschool movie buffs will recognize the spoof reference in the GTA IV trailer straight away; the music is from Francis Ford Coppola's Koyaanisqatsi, a dialogue-less documentary film from the early eighties that mixed landscape footage with a rolling soundtrack. The music, in case your wondering, is a piece from minimalist composer Philip Glass, who created the music for Koyaanisqatsi.

Further proving that GTA hasn't lost it's trademark humour are the plethora of fake adverts available for glimpse in the video, including upcoming flick "Top Hooker" and "Sprunk", a beverage we probably won't picking up on the next trip round Tesco.

You can checkout the Koyaanisqatsi trailer here. Anyone for a cool glass of "Piswasser"?

Visit Vice City!
Keen-eyed viewers with seriously-ninja Photoshop skills will notice an interesting in-game ad five seconds into the trailer. On the top left of the shot just above the wall is a sign that says "Visit Vice City - $300", leading many internet forums to explode with messages of "OMG!!11 MULTIPLE CITIEZ IN GTAIV!1"

So yeah, we might be getting a tiny bit ahead of ourselves taking this tiniest of glimpses as evidence that GTA IV will contain multiple, country-wide locals, but what would be more next-gen than a trip to all three cities that we've explored so vigorously on PS2? Having said that, would Vice City even look like Vice City in a modern day setting?

Doc Oc attacks!
Another one for the eagle-eyed among us is the brief glimpse of a cable car travelling behind a bridge 30 seconds in to the trailer, leading us to fantasise over the Spider-Man-style mischief we could have jumping around fighting an imaginary Doctor Octopus.

Having said that, we're hoping Spidey's influence stretches all over GTA IV; we just can't look at that massive Crysler building without planning a Crackdown-style route up to the top, and it would be an absolute crime if we can't base-jump from one of those skyscrapers.

Clever birds
Going from the trailer, we can see that the birds and pigeons in GTA IV are detailed and have some sort of behaviour system going on - which should please virtual game hunters everywhere.

In one scene you can see a seagull flying underneath a bridge, and in another we get a glimpse of two pigeons sitting on a statue. Will we be able to chase those dirty flying-rats through the streets? Pick them out of the skies with high-calibre rifles? At this point we'd bet money on it.

T

Tom1D

If the character is based on LEON, and it looks that good, and you can do everything like u could in the previous + more and better, then bring it on. Looks like the dogs to me and ive got to decide whether its a PS3 or XBOX 360 that will be running it.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Well the footage in the trailer IS in game footage of it running on 720p on either a PS3 or an XBox360. I cant see there being much difference. If you have a 360 now then I wouldnt bother with a PS3 unless you actually want one for the other games. But to buy one just for GTA IV if you already have a 360 is insane imo. Each to their own, mind :)

I wonder if there will be any sort of muliplayer? IMO I dont think it matters with GTA, I hope its online so we can have downloadable content though!