ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gunson eezi-bleed system

Seat Ibiza
I used one to fit my new brake lines and it couldn't get out the air that was trapped in the lines, had to do it manually in the end.

A lot of people rave about them though, so maybe it was just bad luck.

I think ive got a guide in the guides section, good little kit, getting the bottle to seal air tight was my main gripe, after that it was piss easy.

Clio 182 arctic
i bought 1 for the 182 once, failed miserably when i read the instructions and realised i had no spare wheel to use and didn't have a foot pump at the time to use if my original tyres got too low to drive on.

Shite IME.

I ended up binning mines and getting a vacuum bleeder for my compressor. Takes seconds now.

Its Ok many people use to high pressure though.

If theres only one of you doing a job its the only way but if you have a friend helping just using a one way valves etc is easier still.

LY R26 #288
Lol. Not many good reviews on this bit of kit then!.

I might save the money and get someone to push the pedal.

R26 + EV0 FQ340
I'm happy with mine. Makes bleeding easy and that was the first time I'd bled the brakes. I almost ran the bottle empty though so be carefull. Follow the instructions and you can't go far wrong.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Don't use the Easi-Bleed, they're not that great on vehicles with ABS... although I use one for bleeding hydraulic clutches. Just be sure to keep the resevoir full and you'll be reet with that bit of tube with the non-return valve in it.

Mick

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Drinks bottle with bit of rubber hose drilled through the cap, put a bit of brake fluid in the bottom so the end of the hose is covered. Open the bleed nipple, pump the peddle till all the air is out, close bleed nipple. Job done

No need for spesh bleeding kits. If i do have a really stubborn bubble like when bleeding my hydraulic handbrake i do get my gunson out just to help it along. But for normal road cars ive allways just used a bottle a hose.

LY R26 #288
Thanks for the advice people. I have bled brakes before I just thought it might make things a little easier but as I might only bleed the brakes once a year max it's hardly worth it.