ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had a new bonnet fitted today!!

Clio 04 172 Cup
OK. I had a new bonnet fitted today under warrenty and the missus picked the car up as I was at work.

Got home from work and had a good scan over it and the paint job is good but! It looks darker than the bumper. Looks to be a good match to the wings but it looks a good bit darker than the bumper. Now I looked over the whole car and noticed that the rear bumper looked lighter than the rear quaters. Im sure the paint will weather a little and look a little lighter I hope.

Has anyone else noticed this on thier cups! 172

106 GTi
Does it match the wings because they have painted them to? This is common bodyshop practice to help them match.

Clio 04 172 Cup
Yea looks to be a good match to the wings. Just a little concerned about the bumper match. But as I said the rear bumper looks to be lighter than the rear quaters. It may have been the same with the old bonnet just didnt pay any attention to it!

106 GTi
Sometimes paint looks different on plastics to the metal work, but as the Clio had plastic wings this theory may not work.

I would think they painted the wing tops to blend it in. A mate had just had a quote for his 306 bonnet and they have told him they need to do both front wings to.

Clio 04 172 Cup
Nope I doubt it that they would have painted the wings not enough time will have look in better light tommorow and try to take some pics also.

106 GTi
Have a look under some halogen petrol station lights and sodium street lights aswell, they show everything up.

What did they match the paint to initally?

Clio 04 172 Cup
They had the car for a week and didnt do it then. So as I wanted the car back they said they would spray it up and get the car back to fit it. So they might have matched ot then not sure dont know to much about colour matching!