ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Handling (Part 2)

Ok, so following on from my handling thread earlier..

I might get some Coilovers. At the moment, Im just lowered 35mm all round on standard shocks (GMAX -35mm Springs up front).. Handles ok, but I reckon it could be better. Also my tyre scrapes on bumper/arch when going over bumpy ground cus it drops so much.. need to get rid of that - leaving nasty marks on the tyres! I also thing there is way too much bodyroll.. ok, its not that bad.. but I can feel it and I dont like it.

http://www.daz-uk.com/cliosport/daz/side-140403.jpghttp://www.daz-uk.com/cliosport/daz/side-140403.jpg is what it looks like now - if I drop the front level with the front tyre, but keep the back at the height is now, will the handling be ok? It seems to me the front will be quite a bit lower, but I dunno if this is a good thing or bad thing! I know Clios are supposed to be lower at the front anyway!

Basically, I want a top notch handling car.. which looks good - I think the rear is probably low enough as it is.. but the front does need to go lower, imo.. level with the top of the tyre would be great.

So, the question! Will Coilovers be a big improvement from what I have now? They are fully adjustable.. etc..

Thanks for reading another essay, hehe.

Daz.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Bump, coz I was wondering the same thing whilst I was looking at the k-tec website today. I know theyll be better, but will they be £400 better?

Skoda Fabia vRS

apparantly they are, ive heard, clean16v reckons his coilovers are the best thing hes ever bought for the car, and they change the handlin totally

Yea, I do want some.. but I dont wanna pay £400 quid then realise I could have done the same thing by getting some second hand Valver shocks! hehe.

Just spoke to someone on MSN.. who had a similar setup to me (5 door too!) and now has coilovers.. he thinks I should definetly get some.. very very good handling - pin sharp!

Looks like Ill be flexing plastic...

Daz.