ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Having throttle bodies on monday :) :)

Mk2 172
Just thought id let u know that im having throttle bodies fitted on my 182 cup on monday. Omex are having the car till tuesday so they can fit them and the locking bonnet pins etc. Ill keep you up to date with how it goes and ill add some photos too. Its the Ktec/GDI/Jenvey new kit thats just come out but im having the longer trumpets to get the most out of them. Im having the slam panel removed but keepin everything else.
Cant wait :):):)

Mk2 172
retaining aircon then? How much all in?

Yeah keepin all that
2950 all in fitted including fittin bonnet pins etc
Not charing for fitting bodies as i wanted to fit them myself cos im a mechanic but dont have the instructions made up yet so they offered to fit them for free :)
saves me 450+vat

ITB BG 182
****... Nice.
I swear im having a full kit of these from the Mr GDi man as an when the insurance comes in the right price bracket for me.

M

mini-valver

Nice! I was looking at my car yesterday, I'm sure you could keep the slam panel and get a shorter rad for airflow?

I'm not digging before anyone starts, just curious because I'd rather keep the standard bonnet catch.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i had a look yesterday dave liek what you were saying at the meet, and i think the f4r sits a bit higher than the k4m, wyold smak right into the slampannel

M

mini-valver

What about the shorter dogbone then?? I'm copyrighting it TBH!

M

mini-valver

It's only like going downhill though surely?

You'd need what, 20 degrees clockwise looking at the belt end....

ITB'd MK1
would throw out a lot of other bits too, lower gearbox mount would be twisted loads, exhaust/manifold would be pointing up at the floor/tunnel. Simple and effective to just use flush fit bonnet pins. The only thing the slam panel really does is hold the top of the rad and the bonnet catch. Clio bonnet catches dont have that great a reputation to start with lol, and the rad goes nowhere

M

mini-valver

Lol, I know that but it looks so much tidier with the slam panel there. The exhaust wouldn't be hard to sort though in theory.... Just an idea ;)

Mk2 172
I couldnt agree more. The slam panel does look better. BUT! As we all know the bonnet catch is sh*te. Not exactly reliable! Also running the longer 90mm trumpets makes a big difference over the 60mm's. More torque etc etc. I want the best out of them seen as im spending 3 grand! The trumpets also dont sit in line with the rad which is nice and so means there not goin to be suckin in air coming straight through the rad first. Im really looking forward to it :) Should be a completely different car to drive :) ill keep u informed!

Mk2 172
Yeah definately fella! You going for a shorter rad too??

No theres no need aparently. Spoke to both GDI(andy) and Omex and they both said theres no need to as its not really in the way. They are tilting the rad forward a tiny bit and fitting a heat sheild to deflect heat from the rad and away from the far right trumpet. I can have one fitted but even andy at GDI doesnt! :)

M

mini-valver

Without soundng condescending......That's exactly why I'd have one. They prevent you having heatsheilding etc all over the place. Granted, it's all money and it can be done after but IMO, if you can afford it, do it. Makes things so much neater and look less "bodged".

Mk2 172
Without soundng condescending......That's exactly why I'd have one. They prevent you having heatsheilding etc all over the place. Granted, it's all money and it can be done after but IMO, if you can afford it, do it. Makes things so much neater and look less "bodged".

yeah i know but im not spending anymore at the mo. Credit card is running out :) I may look into it one day but im sure it will be fine. The shield is tiny anyway :) If it looks sh*t ill rip it off anyway!
As long as i works im not too fussed. I dont tend to spend long gazing at the engine if u know what i mean

M

mini-valver

Yeah of course, as and when like. Sure it'll be awesome either way mate, enjoy it! :)

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
if the budget is there a short rad would be a nice touch.... its not necessary on these conversions. the air deflector simply stops the ambient heat warming the right two trumpets.

in the last few yrs only a handfull of customers have opted for the short rad...

with the 90mm trumpets the std bonnet catch sits right in the mouth of one of the trumpets...

Mk2 172
if the budget is there a short rad would be a nice touch.... its not necessary on these conversions. the air deflector simply stops the ambient heat warming the right two trumpets.

in the last few yrs only a handfull of customers have opted for the short rad...

with the 90mm trumpets the std bonnet catch sits right in the mouth of one of the trumpets...

hey andy :) hows it goin??? im excited :) sad i know!!! lol
PS can u do me a deal on a short rad sometime

Last edited:
M

mini-valver

Look at the rad wobble though. Surely it'd be nice to get a bulk of short rads to cut costs and make it a more "complete" conversion?

Mk2 172
Look at the rad wobble though. Surely it'd be nice to get a bulk of short rads to cut costs and make it a more "complete" conversion?

Its cos none of its put back together. There just mapping and testing it before putting it back together.

Focus RS Mk1
So your paying £3000 for them fitted/mapped etc

but thats just bodies, no extra cams involved?

is this price available to everyone, im quite capable of fitting it all myself but if they are offering it for free they i'll take this offer up!

Mk2 172
So your paying £3000 for them fitted/mapped etc

but thats just bodies, no extra cams involved?

is this price available to everyone, im quite capable of fitting it all myself but if they are offering it for free they i'll take this offer up!

They are 2380+ vat for the full fitting kit including everything. Thats 2790 inc vat. Im paying 2790 as they have not got the instructions together yet. I believe it is a one off as the kit is new and want to make sure that everything in the kit fits and works perfectly for when the kits are sent in the post. I wanted to fit the kit myself too as i was a mechanic for 5 years but i just got offered this so thought id take them up on it :)

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
as said, its just a video.... not everything you see at a show or on a computer is what you actually get.... alot of the time there are other elements to it...

perhaps its a work in progress, perhaps it needed repair....

you just never know do you...

of course a finished car would have a nice support to hold the rad in place, they are of course CnC alloy, anodised to match the rest of the kit.

its a matter of cost... you dont NEED the rad, if a customer wants the rad then we can and do supply.... but it costs more and many dont want it... even if it were £300 extra.... or more.

M

mini-valver

The ones I saw at FCS for example though weren't anodised or anything? I've seen L brackets used on a few too. Or is this a new kit?

ITB'd MK1
The ones I saw at FCS for example though weren't anodised or anything? I've seen L brackets used on a few too. Or is this a new kit?

All the aluminium brackets in the kit (inc the ones on cars at FCS) ARE anodised. And we've said about 20 times that it's a new kit Dave. The brackets made for the race car (FMP_) and the black demo are not standard bits, we've made custom changes like the 120mm trumpets on the black car which needed the rad to be leant forward and a different fan used to give the most space, so of course if we're trying something like this, some handmade parts are used. The kits are fully productionised and give what we believe is the best solution for the best possible price for a set of F4R ITBs.

M

mini-valver

Awesome! I'm not digging for a rise from anyone mate, I'm genuinely interested in how things are made and work! It's just what I've seen on the cars you've built that I'm asking about, if the new kit has better brackets, brilliant. I'm asking because the things that I'd change personally to make things look neater and better (In theory, Im no engineer) are from what you're telling me, being addressed.