ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Having throttle bodies on monday :) :)

Mk2 172
Nah he's doing the same thing he did in the coilovers thread, the gdi thread etc etc.

'This is the best thing in the world, i cant even describe how good it is etc'

I never said that at all. Yeah there great and im enjoying them. Ive posted pics up already a few pages back. If you want vids then theres tonnes of GDI's cars with them on. Sounds exactly the same.
Whats the issue!!!!!!!!!

ITB'd Ph1 172
Dan

Delighted your pleased with them, there has been alot of effort to get that kit as a "turnkey" with all the parts etc needed.

give us a call on monday for a chat

Bex

ITB BG 182
Throttle bodies normally sound mint, yours must be broken :(

Yeah they do sound awesome but vids do them no justice. They sound soooo much better in real life :)
Yea tell me about it, i know how good they sound in real life because i swear andy an bex taunt me in to buying a set of these, this is why i leave the credit card at home as an when i go to visit them.

Mk2 172
Yeah they do sound awesome but vids do them no justice. They sound soooo much better in real life :)
Yea tell me about it, i know how good they sound in real life because i swear andy an bex taunt me in to buying a set of these, this is why i leave the credit card at home as an when i go to visit them.

I took mine with me :) that was the problem!!! LOL

vid definetly needed. someon like me wont appricate it without seeing and hearing it.

vids are piontless when it comes to throttle bodies. It does absolutely nothing for the sound and the car HAS to driven. Ill get one done sometime tho. Off to the ring on 1st August :)

looks good, im over at nurburgring from 28th july to 4th august so will keep a eye out for your car, if you see 4 mk1 clios(black with orange cage which is mine, a full orange caged mk1, a grey caged turbo mk1, and a williams 3) thats us!

Mk2 172
vids are piontless when it comes to throttle bodies. It does absolutely nothing for the sound and the car HAS to driven. Ill get one done sometime tho. Off to the ring on 1st August :)

looks good, im over at nurburgring from 28th july to 4th august so will keep a eye out for your car, if you see 4 mk1 clios(black with orange cage which is mine, a full orange caged mk1, a grey caged turbo mk1, and a williams 3) thats us!

ok mate awesome. Ill keep an eye out for you :) ill take u for a lap :) see u there!

M2 Competition
Nah he's doing the same thing he did in the coilovers thread, the gdi thread etc etc.

'This is the best thing in the world, i cant even describe how good it is etc'

I never said that at all. Yeah there great and im enjoying them. Ive posted pics up already a few pages back. If you want vids then theres tonnes of GDI's cars with them on. Sounds exactly the same.
Whats the issue!!!!!!!!!

Lol, sorry for rant.

I think the lads just want vids, we've all seen tb'd cars before and know how well they drive fella!

You're obviously just an enthusiatic lad! :p

Mk2 172
Whats the issue!!!!!!!!!

Lol, sorry for rant.

I think the lads just want vids, we've all seen tb'd cars before and know how well they drive fella!

You're obviously just an enthusiatic lad! :p

Thats ok mate. I know how much people like vids :) I do too lol. Ill try and get some done this week so theyve got some idea of a car driving past with them on and inside the car.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Nice one. Least by fitting them yourself you get the piece of mind that the job will be well done.

Mk2 172
Nice one. Least by fitting them yourself you get the piece of mind that the job will be well done.

Maybe. The job that omex have done is immaculate!!! Im super fussy and i cant fault it. If it was sh*t then i would of told them to sort it. Wiring is as good as factory and no dodgy bits anywhere :) Trust me!! Ive checked! lol

ok mate awesome. Ill keep an eye out for you :) ill take u for a lap :) see u there!

cool, i look forward to it, i have a std 182 aswell (not taking it tho)so be nice to see the difference it makes! esp noise lol :)

i can imagine the noise is immense. I had a metro VVC on throttle bodies and that was awesome, bwaaarp everywhere. Really nice low down burble if you opened it up.

Looks like a nice job to. Something im looking at in the future.

Mk2 172
i can imagine the noise is immense. I had a metro VVC on throttle bodies and that was awesome, bwaaarp everywhere. Really nice low down burble if you opened it up.

Looks like a nice job to. Something im looking at in the future.

yeah i love the low down noise. Some twa* thought i had an impreza engine fitted!!!! pmsl

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
the kit will be quite possible to fit yourself... with full photo instructions and tech support at the end of the phone

Focus RS Mk1
so how much is all the kit without fitting going to b, including the vat?

i assume the trickiest bit is the wiring and the cable throttle swap over?

megan R26.R number 006

it's the price dan payed its extra for fitting he got them fitted free as he is the first one to have the kit on his car and omex had not made the manual for the fitting of it

raw striker

Neither are tricky at all. Wiring loom is a complete plug in item. you only have to cut the 2 crank sensor wires and hook them into the omex loom using the connectors supplied. Other than that the loom takes 10mins to fit if you do it neatly.

Throttle cable is dead easy also. Just have to pop the blanking grommet out your bulkhead bolt the new pedal into place (3 nuts) loop the cable into the engine bay and hook it up onto the linkage.

When the manuals are done you really could fit this kit with very little mechanical knowledge. it just takes the time it does to fit (about a whole day) because it is a very comprehensve kit that has allot of components. hard to see that from the pictures but there are lots of bits you probably dont notice.

Last edited: