ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Haynes Manual - Problem with Xenons

172 Cup
Re: Haynes Manual

Not that I know of. Anyway you've got Cliosport instead for all your technical needs.

182CUP

Yeah im pretty new to searching for things, and I have posted a couple of times without any luck!!

I have a problem with my Xenons.

182CUP

When I turn them on the fuse blows straight away, I'm not sure if its a bad earth or a relay maybe!!

172 Cup
I've moved the thread into the problem section and also edited the title. Hopefully someone will reply with some advice sooner or later.

I can send you a pdf of the Renault manual if you PM your e-mail address. Not sure it's got much electrics in though.

Sounds like a short ;-)

Do you have the correct fuse?

Does it still blow if you remove the relay - I'm guessing the back of the fuse box will tell you which one.

Does it still blow if you unplug the wires off the back of the lights - I don't have Xenons but I'm assuming you can do that still?

Is there only one fuse for both headlights?

I thought normally cars have one fuse for each side so you don't lose both suddenly in the dark?

Mine did that! Water in my ballast!

I needed a new Headlight computer/Ballast £180 from Renault!

Bumper off - Headlight out - Ballast out - Fixed

182CUP
Is the ballast the metal part on the bottom of the headlight??

And are they £180 each side??

Would this cause the fuse to blow then?

Yep, one of the headlight fuses kept on blowing 4 days after I bought the car.

Took the ballast off (metal box screwed to the bottom of each headlight) and it had water damage inside!!

£180 for a single ballast - for one headlight - for one side - from Renault!

the ballast comes with a new starter - the back box fitted on to the back of the zenon bulb (D2S type). If the starter has broken the ballast wont start so the fuse shouldnt be blow in that instance. Likewise with the bulb itself as the bulb will not go short circuit when worn out!