ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is this?

ex-Chinese Dave

ClioSport Club Member
What is this on my 172 Cup?

IMG_9205.jpeg
It’s in front of the alternator on the right hand side of the car. Is this an oil temperature sensor? The oil on it must have come from it leaking as there’s nothing anywhere else. Is it an easy fix/change?

I need to buy a Haynes manual for the Cup 😕
IMG_9204.jpeg

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I think if you are quick you shouldn’t lose too much fluid. However I haven’t changed one myself so am happy to be corrected.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I don't remember any fluid coming out when I changed mine. Its not under pressure when the engine isn't running. They can leak through the sensor its self and if you are very unlucky I've read that the centre of the sensor can pop out which = big mess and no power steering, how true that is I don't know.

Dead easy to change.

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Can confirm dead easy to change.
Oil will come out, as in a dribble, but get the replacement ready and just put your thumb over the end when the old one is removed and clean up the drips with a rag afterwards. It's not like changing the spray gun whilst the hosepipe is on.

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
They can leak through the sensor its self and if you are very unlucky I've read that the centre of the sensor can pop out which = big mess and no power steering, how true that is I don't know.

Mine developed a pinhole leak. Held pressure when not being used, but sprayed like feck when you turned the wheel.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to hijack this, but does anyone know who makes the genuine switch? Or will a decent aftermarket one do? I’m sure mine is weeping, so would be good to change if it’s an easy job. Just not sure it’s worth doing at the min for the £40 RPD want for a genuine switch.