ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headgasket

None
I had my headgasket done about a thousand mile ago, by one of my moms friends who is starting his own business up, he did it me on the cheap for 250 skimmed oil change plug change etc etc he also did my cambelt is a really top bloke

But now im getting the same symptoms as before lots of smoke out hte exhaust poor performance

Obviously im a little pissed off i shelled out 250 for 1000 mile, could someone give me some advice how to go about the situation, i want him to redo it, but dont think i should be paying for anything extra except maybe the parts. Anyone else think its fair of me to ask that​

My timing belt snapped and it was my mums pals cousin who worked for renault that repaired it for £450, i thought this was reasonable as most garages were wanting £7-800

Got it back and it was running lumpy and was just awful to drive so i sent it back to him and he had to redo it all. Turns out he didn't time it properly so bent all the valves again. Actually cost him money to fix my car but if he did it properly the first time it would have been fine.

Get him telt as the saying goes

None
My dad suggested getting him to look at the car and find the problem himself might do that, just to much hassle though