ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight Alignment

1.8 Civic EX
Morning!

When fitting my induction kit I gave my brother the simple task of pulling out the standard cold air feed...in the process of him doing so he pulled something out which looked like it came from the back of the headlight...I didn't get a good look at it as he kinda rushed it back in thinking I didn't notice lol

since then my passenger side headlight is pointing high and people are flashing me thinking I've got my full beam on...

any ideas what it was he pulled out or how to point it back down again??

1.8 Civic EX
ok so had a quick look at lunch time...

what came out is like a plug but with a long think black bit almost like a pin. It was a little white mark on the outside which lines up with part of the casing to show the position it should lock into. it also has a white plastic bit ontop with looks like could possible turn if I stick an alan key in it...

any ideas?

Also if I push on the back of the rubber water proof "cup" that covers the back of the bulbs the whole of the "inner" unit moves backwards and forwards. should this happen? can't say I've noticed it before!

1.8 Civic EX
yup! the headlight adjuster i think it is....just had another fiddle, pulled it out and blindly put my finger in hole and felt like a long horseshoe type shape so pushed the end of the black pin up the horse shoe from the bottom.

the case doesn't flap around now so hopefully it's sorted...won't really know till later i guess..

does that sound about right?

Clio Mk2 1.2 Dynamique
yup! the headlight adjuster i think it is....just had another fiddle, pulled it out and blindly put my finger in hole and felt like a long horseshoe type shape so pushed the end of the black pin up the horse shoe from the bottom.

the case doesn't flap around now so hopefully it's sorted...won't really know till later i guess..

does that sound about right?

Yes sounds like youve got it right.

1.8 Civic EX
nice cheers...I'm assuming it's still going to missaligned though? or will it "auto adjust" back to where it should be?