ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight Problem - Help please :(

So, after inspecting my new xenon lights from a member on here, I have found out they're broken inside.

They was packaged really, really well so I'm not sure what the c***s at MyHermes have been doing with them, football maybe?

Before I get on to MyHermes about a refund I wanted to know if there is a way I can swap this from my old set to my new set?

12172507083_f5e4fcd665_b.jpg

IMG_00002126 by Thomas Brentnall, on Flickr

12172278305_2b34da2981_b.jpg

IMG_00002128 by Thomas Brentnall, on Flickr

The bit that's snapped is for the manual adjustment, and it's happened on both headlights. Does anyone know how to remove it?

Cheers

They always break in the post. and no i don't think you can.

I've sent a set of 1.2 headlights before and also received a set from renparts and they was fine! They're also fine when they're on the car going over bumbs etc so I think MyHermes have just dropped them etc, despite the fragile note on the side.

Ahh crap :( I made sure they was insured so I will just pursue my money back from the courier!

Yeah are insanely delicate, that's why when I replaced mine I got them from Renspares and picked them up in person.

Could you strip them down and superglue it?

The other one is worse to the point where the hole plastic bar thing has shattered so I cant :(

Yeah that plastic ball socket thats pictured would need to be popped out with pliers and superglued back onto where it was originally mounted, if even possible, I glued a post inside my lights it was very tight and I had to use superglue in a hypodermic needle.

Many.
I actually fixed this. I cut open a non xenon headlight, removed the white plastic bit really f**king carefully, then really really really carefully fitted it to the xenon, its a proper proper proper pig.

Hardest bit is getting the white bit into the xenon, although that ball is in there bloody tight too, but I think I removed the holder from the light rather than the ball, but I might be wrong.

Yeah that plastic ball socket thats pictured would need to be popped out with pliers and superglued back onto where it was originally mounted, if even possible, I glued a post inside my lights it was very tight and I had to use superglue in a hypodermic needle.

Ah thanks!

The Xenon lights are fcuking notorious for breaking in the post.

I still don't see how though, they're fine when they're in the car!

Oh dear, Deja Vu.

I'd never send a set again after what happened to the sent I sent you.

I know :( I shouldn't have risked it again

I actually fixed this. I cut open a non xenon headlight, removed the white plastic bit really f**king carefully, then really really really carefully fitted it to the xenon, its a proper proper proper pig.

Hardest bit is getting the white bit into the xenon, although that ball is in there bloody tight too, but I think I removed the holder from the light rather than the ball, but I might be wrong.

It is possible then, but just a lot of effort? Hmm, I'll just claim of myhermes!

That's a bit crap mate :( the ones I picked up only had a bit of bubble wrap around them and it was a proper bumpy trip home!

I don't know what the couriers have been doing with them! :/

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Headlamps rarely survive postage which is strange because they seem to survive the seriously bumpy road conditions.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
My guess is that they're designed to be strong only in an up and down movement. Not backwards and forwards.

That's a bit crap mate :( the ones I picked up only had a bit of bubble wrap around them and it was a proper bumpy trip home!

I don't know what the couriers have been doing with them! :/

God knows what they've done, probably dropped them despite the f**k off a4 sized fragile label on each box :mad:

The other light is worse, the whole white bar thingy is shattered!

Yeah but they were probably delivered by Ace Ventura.

Appears that way

Headlamps rarely survive postage which is strange because they seem to survive the seriously bumpy road conditions.

I'm sure the couriers must throw them about as the white plastic seems really strong, they also snapped the top lug thing.

Fancy swapping the xenons from your track car for my cup lights + cash your way? ;)

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I've got a halogen headlight if you want it for the cost of postage.

Have to say I have not had the best experiences with MyHermes 25% breakage rate as it stands and all the stuff I've sent had been well bubblewrapped.

Give them credit though they refunded the stuff within a week.

I've got a halogen headlight if you want it for the cost of postage.

Have to say I have not had the best experiences with MyHermes 25% breakage rate as it stands and all the stuff I've sent had been well bubblewrapped.

Give them credit though they refunded the stuff within a week.

It's okay mate, my current (cup) headlights are fine. I brought the Xenons as a upgrade! Thanks for the offer though mate :)

Yeah they're crap, but refunds are speedy.

Clio 172
I had exactly the same thing happen to me, rest of the headlight was fine just the adjusters exactly as you have mentioned.

Hope you get a succesful refund from MyHermes

Nissan 350z
Yeah I know mate, I did stress this thoroughly to the seller to wrap them as best they could but this ended up happening regardless. They came from Newport so not exactly local! Looking at TNT's website the sender of the item has to file the claim so I guess I have to post them back now as well? :dapprove: