ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

heater fans not workin

clio 182
hi, i have a 182 with digital climate control and it stopped working a wile ago but before it went it was tempermental, sometimes it would come on but now it never works. i have tried 2 different resistor packs but it still wont work so its not that, does any1 have any ideas on what else it could be and do u have some kind of guide. think it will probably be a garage job but thought some1 may have a solution. any help would be much appreciated. thanks

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I'd say its more likely to be the motor bushes. They get wet and all kinds of problems can occur.

Try hitting the motor assembly to see if it kicks in to life.

Mick

RS Clio 182
I have a similar issue, had coolant flushed and changed at weekend with new coolant temp sensor and now my heater fan won't blow? The climate control display works and you can feel very slight hot air but its not blowing even on full speed! Was told it could be the fuse but not sure which fuse to check/change!! :(

clio 182
thats exactly my problem. i was told it was the resistor pack but i changed that and its still not working. i wouldnt mind in sumer but it would have to happen in winter when my window is forever steamed up! any body have any idea what it would cost to have something like this fixed?

clio 182
well i had the one that was origionaly in my car repaired at work following a guide someone sent me on here a wile ago were you replace the transister inside the module and it still didnt work so i bought a used 1 and still didnt work. it could be a bit of bad luck that they are still both faulty but i think its unlikly. i have a friend with a 182 the same as mine so i will try his next so i will no for sure. just one big nightmare. thought i had fixed it twice now but no luck.

RS Clio 182
I just found a guy on eBay who repairs them and posts them back to you with a one year warranty! £30

Iceberg 172
I just found a guy on eBay who repairs them and posts them back to you with a one year warranty! £30

i used a guy on ebay payed £40 (coolwill2k) i put it in the car worked sound. Drove five meters up the road a little bump on a grid and it changed straight back to full blast with no control!
Sent back yesterday see what happens on the next one

clio 182
obviously a common problem with clios by the looks of things, £130 for a brand new one is what i got quoted so i went for a second hand 1 but its still not workin so i cant be sure if the used 1 is also faulty or its another problem. il do a quick swap with a mates see if thats the problem

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
obviously a common problem with clios by the looks of things, £130 for a brand new one is what i got quoted so i went for a second hand 1 but its still not workin so i cant be sure if the used 1 is also faulty or its another problem. il do a quick swap with a mates see if thats the problem

Mine went last month, but completely - as in nothing at all coming through the vents and turning up the settings on the heater console did nothing. Bought a resistor pack from a parts sale on here and it's worked fine ever since.

Your issue sounds similar to mine, but not quite.....

D.

RS Clio 182
Mine went last month, but completely - as in nothing at all coming through the vents and turning up the settings on the heater console did nothing. Bought a resistor pack from a parts sale on here and it's worked fine ever since.

Your issue sounds similar to mine, but not quite.....

D.

Thats what I have...nothin! Will be posting mine off once I have the time to pull it out the car

RS Clio 182
i used a guy on ebay payed £40 (coolwill2k) i put it in the car worked sound. Drove five meters up the road a little bump on a grid and it changed straight back to full blast with no control!
Sent back yesterday see what happens on the next one

Fingers crossed it will be ok when you get it back! It sucks without any air!!!

Iceberg 172
Fingers crossed it will be ok when you get it back! It sucks without any air!!!

I just have it bypassed at the moment with a small wire and spade connectors so its still warm and demists the screen. but there doesnt seem to be any control over temperature so that may be the next objective!

Iceberg 172
Just received my resistor pack again. It works at the moment lets see if it still works by the time I get home!

RS Clio 182
Sent mine off Friday got an email sat to say all received and that it will be posted back on Monday! Hope it works

derv biege barge
I have a full fat 182 has the same problem especially in winter. When it gets intermittent or wont turn on. Remove scuttle panel, remove motor, spray lashings of wd40 into bushes, reassemble and should be ok for several months until it starts to fail again then repeat the above. Kept mine going for 2yrs like this.

RS Clio 182
Sent to coolwill2k on eBay it cost me £33 all in and got it back today, fitted in the dark and rain in 5 mins and all is well so far so am well chuffed