ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heater Matrix - Repair

I have just been reading up on the Mk1 Clio matrix, and what needs to be done etc etc, and have come to the conclusion that the job is not one for me, as I dont fancy taking my car to bits and not having it fit back together again! So does anyone know how much a garage would pay to get this problem fixed? I hear the part is £45 new?

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

The part is cheap... to fit it is the expensive part.. it can be upto 6 hours labour, and so can cost £200 ish

Quote: Originally posted by Bubbles on 02 January 2004

The part is cheap... to fit it is the expensive part.. it can be upto 6 hours labour, and so can cost £200 ish
True but thats by a lazy mechanic! Takes 3 - 3 1/2 hrs max! Ive done two of them on clios. Try a Pug 306 thats much more fun! :mad:

Renault wanted £400 to do mine but BBPT want £250 iirc!!

I did mine the other week and did it in 3 hours!

I will do yours for £150 all in if you want!! Pm me if your interested!!

Its easy enough to do it just takes alot of time. If you can get someone to help out you could have it done in an afternoon. You can get the original part from Renault for about £55.

£34 is a bargin for a heater matrix!! Smokey, can you provide the link to BBPT website - if they have one? or who they are?

One other thing, I am not too bad when it comes to doing work on my clio, so was wondering does fitting a matrix require any specific tools?