ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heko Wind Deflector Clips

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Might be a stupid question, but are the metal clips necessary, when fitting?

Thanks.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Ok, had a feeling they were but saw a few tutorials with people not using them, thank you :)

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Ok, had a feeling they were but saw a few tutorials with people not using them, thank you :smile:
Only takes seconds and they're quite well hidden. Your deflectors will fall out unless you plan to drive with your windows up 24/7! 😂

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Yep i didnt have the clips in mine as i bought them second hand on here.
I just shoved a make shift clip up into the recess to hold them in place.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Only takes seconds and they're quite well hidden. Your deflectors will fall out unless you plan to drive with your windows up 24/7! 😂
Yeah dont want that!! Guess I'll have to work out how to put these clips on, might just drive about with duct tape just incase! 😂😂

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Well I have fitted them (with a little bit of sanding involved :D). Not sure what tool to use to put the clips in though?

BG Clio 182
Yeah can't see why you sanded them [emoji15] sheeeeett. You wanna bend them into place and get the metal clips in taking note to get them the correct way around.

They aren't actually necessary really tbh. Some people in certain cars don't use them. They do have adhesive on them anyway.

The clips are to stop the deflectors fouling the windows

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Not the end of the world, barely sanded them that much. And you couldn't tell that i had sanded them so its all good :)

RS182 Full Fat
hmm.. there are clips?? my drivers side deflector keeps falling down. I thought it was held on my double sided tape. Ive been rolling with typhoons suggestion for last few weeks. Window does excellent job of holding it up. Can't they be glued with a bit of tiger seal or somethin?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
hmm.. there are clips?? my drivers side deflector keeps falling down. I thought it was held on my double sided tape. Ive been rolling with typhoons suggestion for last few weeks. Window does excellent job of holding it up. Can't they be glued with a bit of tiger seal or somethin?
Held on with these mate;
ELtJHj7.jpg

Here they are:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/331819995674

I use 3 per side I believe.

RS182 Full Fat
nope. the clips do nothing. i got some. the heko material width is only around 1mm. a 6mm pinch gap on the clip does nothing. double sided tape is the answer

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
nope. the clips do nothing. i got some. the heko material width is only around 1mm. a 6mm pinch gap on the clip does nothing. double sided tape is the answer
Maybe they do, maybe they dont. But from what i've been told, may as well put them in.

Mine havent fallen of yet. :)
*touches wood