ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello All

182FF with cup packs
Greetings.

After several years of being carless, I needed a car to get to work again.

I've wanted one for years (ever since my best mate bought one when they first came out), so I am now the proud owner of a 2003 Clio 172 in silver.

Currently all standard, but I might be making some minor performance modifications, but plan on keep the stock looks (I'm getting to old for big body kits :)).

What fantastic little cars, all the fun of my old R5 turbo, but without the nagging feeling that i am driving around in a tin can with a turbo attached to it :)

hello and welcome:)

i too made the change from a 5GTT to a clio 172 and like you always had a 'nagging' feeling. however mine was thinking 'when's this thing gonna blow up!', lucklily it never did!!!

182FF with cup packs
heh heh, yeah, the R5GTT did tend to give out the "I'm gonna go bang" vibe out when you pushed it. Crazy acceleration though.

I used to have no end of troubles with the cooling system, and the electrics, and breaking engine mounts. In the end someone stole it though :(

My 172 just feels really solid, no worries about it thinking of going bang at all.

heh heh, yeah, the R5GTT did tend to give out the "I'm gonna go bang" vibe out when you pushed it. Crazy acceleration though.

I used to have no end of troubles with the cooling system, and the electrics, and breaking engine mounts. In the end someone stole it though :(

My 172 just feels really solid, no worries about it thinking of going bang at all.

thankfully mine never went bang, but the worries were always there everytime i drove it especially on long journeys

true about the 172, compared to the 5 it feels very solid

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Stole it? Or found the keys in the palm of your hand...? lol

Just kidding mate, welcome, get pics of the ride!

182FF with cup packs

Stole it? Or found the keys in the palm of your hand...? lol

Just kidding mate, welcome, get pics of the ride!

Heh heh, everyone asks me that :), but it did actually get really stolen, came out of the flat one Saturday afternoon to find an empty space where it was parked the night before. :(

182FF with cup packs
172.jpg

Here it is in all its staandard glory :)

182FF with cup packs
it just ticked over the 50,000 mark yesterday.

As a birthday treat for it I took it for a great thrashing down the motorway. Speedo said 140MPH, but GPS said 133 (which I'm more inclined to believe), decided to back off there as I was approaching maidstone and there's some nasty dips in the carriageway around there which could have been dicey. Felt like there was still a bit more to go before I hit the limiter, but it was fantastically smooth, felt totally in control :)

182-racing-blue

it just ticked over the 50,000 mark yesterday.

As a birthday treat for it I took it for a great thrashing down the motorway. Speedo said 140MPH, but GPS said 133 (which I'm more inclined to believe), decided to back off there as I was approaching maidstone and there's some nasty dips in the carriageway around there which could have been dicey. Felt like there was still a bit more to go before I hit the limiter, but it was fantastically smooth, felt totally in control :)

Dont know about anyone else but I'd be more inclined to take it round some back doubles.

Welcome to CS matey. :)

182FF with cup packs
Yeah, I need to take it out round some country roads and give it some beans, but my boots still full of crap as I'm sort of halfway in the process of moving house, so everytime I throw it around things go flying :dapprove:

Once it's empty again I'm gonna take it for a proper weekend drive in the countryside :)

182FF with cup packs
welcome mate, nice car, where abouts in kent are you? near maidstone?

Yeah, in Burham to be exact (between Maidstone and Chatham), sad to say, but temporailly living with my Mum :dapprove: until I can sort a new place of my own, as I moved back down from Leeds about 4 weeks ago for a new job down here, though will probably get a place down in Ashford as a bunch of my mates still live there (including my best mate who's a 172 owner himself, he's had it since they were launched in the UK, he put a deposit down on one 6 months before they were launched and I believe he had one of the very first ones in the UK, and the first one in Kent)