ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello From Worcester

172 Cup
Hi Guys,

Thought I should introduce myself as I just signed up for a years membership.

My names Will, Im from Worcestershire and just bought a 172 Cup as a bit of a weekend and track toy. I picked it up from a nice guy all the way up in the Lake District without tax or MOT and have spent the past few weeks sorting it out. Its now got an MOT, is fully taxed and insured and ready for some track action. I have owned various nippy cars in the past, ranging from a Saxo VTS, EP3 Civic Type R, Evo VIII, GT4, MX5, S2000 and now the Clio. My daily is a Range Rover Sport - the feeling jumping out of the Range Rover into the Clio makes me realise just how nippy this Clio is. Its probably the fastest point to point car I have owned this side of 300bhp.

Since I got it I have only made simple mods - removed the CDA carbon airbox as it was way too loud for me in conjunction with an un-silenced KTec stealth exhaust so I replaced it with an OEM intake. Other than that, basic stuff to get through an MOT like a new handbrake, new T1R's all round, some nice DOT 5.1 and this weekend I will pick up some DS2500's and then its track day time! Oh I chucked a new head unit in too as not having the ability to play music over my phone was doing my head in.

The plans for it are to spend most of the money on driving it - rather than dropping a small fortune in mods, I will be spending it on track days. As things wear out and brake I will replace them with uprated fast road / track parts. Im sure that I will be picking up some bargains from the for sale section here - possibly some bracing for track work.

Expect to see lots of questions from me as I ask for advice on how to best set it up.... but so far, its a bloody fast car for the money and has really impressed me. The biuld quality is questionable, but the drive certainly is not!

Hope to meet some of you soon at various track days and local events.

Will

PS - You all know what a standard cup looks like, but here is a pic none-the-less :)

DdDTkGg.jpg