ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help buying abs sensors

2004 iceberg 172
hi i need two rear abs sensors, went to eurocarparts but the guy that served me was useless and said that that he couldnt find any rear abs sensors for the clio 172 :S, i've been home and checked the website and found both but not sure if there corrct

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/R...35678a9888e3e601dc4e9cc9ffa59ce09077f3&000001

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/R...e7ff562fb3cd65dc7932e1fdd6eb0a0f11d0a0&000001

the only problem i have before buying them is that in both descriptions it says 'Braking/Driving Dynamics for vehicles without ASR' , ive looked asr up and its esp, mine has esp, ive checked all the ebay descriptions and they say the same
struggling to find the right ones and i'm not paying £120 a sensor from renault
are the traction control and non traction control sensors different ?
what do you experts use as from threads i've seen people only pay £50 ish per sensor ?

mot's due now so am in desperate need for these asap....help please

2004 iceberg 172
i rang another local motor factors (tms in carlisle) and they brought 2 differnent ones up on there computer, one set for 'esp' and one without, ive ordered these at £70 + vat for one and £50 + vat for the other,

hopefully these will be ok. if there wrong i can alwys send them back, do not want to pay £240

will there be anyway to tell if there right before fitting them fred or will i just have to fit and try them

They normally break when trying to remove them from the hub etc, so be careful if they don't work and you need to get them out.

Tbh i have only ever known its a dealer only part too, have you tried getting a price through wests renault on here?

Please make sure the sensors are definately at fault first!

Check the conector by the front subframe - the rear sensor loom runs by the nearside of the exhaust and I found my conector was contaminated with floodwater when I had some issues a few months ago, all sorted now I've cleaned that conector out.

2004 iceberg 172
They normally break when trying to remove them from the hub etc, so be careful if they don't work and you need to get them out.

Tbh i have only ever known its a dealer only part too, have you tried getting a price through wests renault on here?

yes mate that £125.65 a sensor is through wests on here, god knows what renault charge for them!! cant believe there so expensive

Please make sure the sensors are definately at fault first!

Check the conector by the front subframe - the rear sensor loom runs by the nearside of the exhaust and I found my conector was contaminated with floodwater when I had some issues a few months ago, all sorted now I've cleaned that conector out.

i'll have a check tomorrow mate, i plugged it in to my mates snap on reader and both sensors came up but definatly worth checking the plug you've mentioned