ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!!! Climate control: Does anyone know the answer?

Clio 172 Phase 2
Is the external temperature gauge have an affect on the climate control for the car. btw i have a 172 (02) because i read somewhere that it did.

The auto mode on my climate control is always switching on the AC, i'm starting to think this as the external temp sensor is reading 50 degrees!!! Its also causing it to blow air at full speed and not reduce the fan speed.

Is my theory correct?, in saying the climate control thinks it hot outside (due to the external temp gauge reading 50 degrees) so its turning on the air con and max fan speed?

Has anyone else experience this? Does the air con come on in this cold weather when you use auto?

Clio 172 Phase 2
so its good to say the external one doesn't affect the climat control, does anyone know how to dis-connect the external sensor?

i used to press the auto (set at 18degrees) and it would only put the AC on if the outside temp was higher than 15degrees. is this the case on them all? as thats how it works on my mates bmw aswell i think. so in response to your question i believe the external temp sensor does affect how the climate control works.

now mine recently, its been putting the AC on all the time. even when the external temp is showing 2 degrees, like at 6am this morning. (the wingmirror with the temp sensor in was hit by an owl at 60mph so im not sure if this is why.)

oh, does anyone know why the degrees C flashes??

this is the first winter ive owned the car, but when it got down to 3degrees the degrees C started to flash. is this a warning as to potential icy conditions or something??

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Phase 2
sound like it, on my previous mini cooper s and 330 ci it used to bleep and flash at 3 degrees to warn you about black ice or something.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
my outside temp sensor read 51 at the mo and the aircon doesn't beleive thats hot enough...lol...so no to answer ur question.

Volvo S60 T5
When I done my dash conversion on my car I disconnected the display unit that shows the outside temperature and my climate control didnt work properly, had to re-connect the dash display and tuck it up under the dash, now working as it should.

It does affect the operation of climate control, and that little black nobble is 60 or 70 quid!!!! how much!!!

Your pretty much correct with what you say is happening as well.

Clio 182
I have this problem with my climate control, where I can have it on minimum and it blows out at full heat. It Kept happening in the summer but intermittently. Normally when stuck in traffic it would be cool, but then when I pulled away it would blow out full heat. I'd tryed sitting out the freak Africa weather front happening in the car hoping it would cool, but ended up switching off the CC and opening a window before becoming a pile of salt !! This did not seem to matter wether the AC button was off or on. My CC is never on now only to demist windscreen. I wear a coat when its cold !!

Clio 197
The Climate Control will take the temp from two places:

1) Interior sensor by the lights
2) Exterior sensor (on the passenger mirror) which also feeds to the display on the dash.

It sounds like you need your external temp sensor fixed.