ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! ENGINE PROBLEMS

See My Clio? Tell Me
HELP ive noticed this the last couple of days and im rather worried about it!

firstly there is a tapping noise coming from the top of the engine, before any one says it the engine cover is not currently fitted.

secondly there is a vibrating from the engine, like its not running smooth i can feel it throught the gearbox and the clutch not white finger materal but not there before!

ive not noticed any loose in performance

the engine is the 1.4 16v on a 51 plate, with 57k on the clock and to my knowledge aint had a cambelt change.

my m8 (not a mechanic) suggested that maybe the timing belt has slipped is this possible! would it still run !

ive checked the oil its fine! any ideas

Last edited:
  Audi TT 225
If the cam belt was loose it could flap up and down and hit something but I doubt it, if it slipped a tooth your engine would probably be shafted. Didn't you post an almost identical thread the other day?
Just take it to a pro man get it looked at properly if your that worried.

Da

Less
A 51 plate should have had the cambelt done by now mate so that would be the first issue.

See My Clio? Tell Me
taking it in the morning not sure where yet but ill find some one aint posted out about it before i know the belt needs doing a m8 was going to do it for me 100 for parts and 100 labour but unfornatly no longer m8s that was for a full renault kit

Audi TT 225
Bummer, must have been similar thread by someone else then.
Yeah if its about cambelt time get it done but not by any monkey make sure its somewhere tidy.

Da

Less
cambelt is overdue as it's 5years or 72K.
A 51 plate is 5 yers old in 2006 unless it'a 51 plate 2002, even then it's still overdue.