ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help for a beginner with what to buy to detail car

BMW 330ci
Right so I am thinking of getting some detailing products for christmas off the girlfriend. Really would like a DA Machine Polisher to get rid of all the bad swirls and do my headlights aswell. Was thinking of the DAS-6 PRO, but unsure which kit to get, like which would be best suited towards a clio :\ Menzema, Meguiars or Sonus ?

Also thinking of getting some basic stuff, like wash mitt, drying towel, microfibre clothes, few brushes, tape.

Also need some things such as shampoo, waxes, polishes, and sealent. Have currently only got AG SRP, and AG EGP. So need some things which will give a nice shine, but also good protection.

Any help with what to get, I know its down to peoples opinions, but am just a beginner and want to get into it just on my car but want some good products.

Thanks
Brad

i always use meguiars stuff m8 , i swear by it i use

wheel brightener , NXT Generation Car Wash used with a Microfibre Wash Mitt !!

NXT Tech Wax 2.0 used with a Supreme Shine Microfibre

there all on the meguiar's website m8 !!

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/

Have a read of previous threads, Brad. The Pro is definitely the machine to go for if your budget will accommodate it.

For Clio paint, go with the Menzerna medium kit from I4Detailing.

BMW 330ci
Right so been on i4Detailing and put a collection of things into my basket lol. They are as follows:
1. Meguiars Lambswool Wash Mitt
2. Meguiars wash and wax shampoo
3. I4D Uber Blue Drying Towerl 24" x 36"
4. I4D Ultra Plush Microfibre 16" x 26" Triple Pack
5. Meguiars Smooth Surface Clay Kit
6. Kestrel DAS-6 Menzerna Kit 2
7. 3M Masking Tape 3434 Blue
8. Meguiars High Tech Applicators Twin Pack
9. Car Pro Iron X - 500ml with spray head
10. Meguiars Gold Class Endurance Tire Gel
11. Meguiars Tyre Dressing Applicator Pad

I have also already got AG SRP, and AG EGP
What do people think to that shopping list, does it sound like a good start ?

Thanks

Last edited:
  BG 182FF
im no expert on detailing but the 11. Meguiars Tyre Dressing Applicator Pad, are LAME. use a wheel brush something like this i find it much easier to apply

BMW 330ci
Yeah I've got one of them brushes mate just forgot to say lol, so you would say no point lol. Does everything else seem ok ?