ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP! lowering - coilovers or springs advice.

1.2 mk2 ph2
im a newbie and have just got a clio, i have 17" wolfrace wheels on it at the moment which i am planning on keeping for a while. however as it stands it looks like a 4x4, i want to lower the car by quite a bit but i am unsure of how much i can do it due to the fact that i have big wheels. could anyone recommend how much to lower it by and by using springs or coilovers? i have between 100-150 to spend on either of them. It is a clio 1.2 extreme if that helps? Thanks.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Best way is to buy rokkor coilovers, i think they're £160, then you can lower it more once you get rid of those shocking wheels :eek:

1.2 mk2 ph2
thanks, and yeah i notice that they are not as subtle as they should be, what is that everyone hates about wheels like this?

1.2 mk2 ph2
Ah right ok, a bit On the boy racer side aha! What wheels would you recommend on a budget of 500? Which are not chavvy

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
What size you looking at 15 or 16? for 500 you could get a average set of 15's or a good set of second hand 16's

Fabia VRS Special Ed
There must be 10000 threads on this already, search mate.

But as an answer to your question regarding the wheels, I'd personally get some 172 or cup alloys, depends what you're into...Aftermarket/Ren upgrade.

Stripped yozza'd cup
There is nothing right about having 17's on a clio, they look crap, handle crap, weigh a tonne, cost more for tyres..... I could go on.....

But you can buy some lovely wheels for £500.

If you want to follow the CS crowd;
Turini's (from a 172 cup) are £250 - £450 depending on condition
Speedline 2118's are a similar price

If you want something a bit different, then the world is your oyster.... have a look through people's threads etc.

www.revolution247.com have a massive range of wheels and tyres.

Personally, I think that the OE+ look is the way to go on non-sports, so turini's, O.Z F1's or standard 1*2 wheels. They can all be had in perfect condition for your budget

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Does the £500 budget for wheels include the money for coilovers/springs? Or is there a seperate budget for that?

a low one
500 is a fair amount for wheels! why not buy some second hand turinis or something similar then use the rest of the money for some more mods? coilies would be a good start

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm assuming that your wheel size matches your age ? :rasp:

First mod you need to do is to your status on here .. £12 will give you access to the for sale threads, and presumably the search function.

£500 will get you a lot of nice wheels.

Have a browse about and see what you get.

17s - stick them on eBay ASAP ! Also ensure your insurance is valid with the mods ;)

Fabia VRS Special Ed
In that case get some good wheels for up to £400, sell your current wheels, then put the rest towards some good colies.

/CLOSE THREAD.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I would get turinis for your car as the colour would suit it. How low dop you want to go? If you don't want to go too low and keep a bit of comfort I would go for some eibach springs.