ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed for brakes

R56 JCW
Brakes are running very thin (squeakin now)

Im going on Oulton Park next month, so need some pads and discs, but dont know what to get, Got a budget of £200 - £250 was looking at getting the package from Yozza, so must include some new hoses aswel :)

Cheers

Yozza'd Titanium 182
im guessing there good cos thats very expensive. ive just done both my pads and both disks for 65 pound and there good

1.6 focus zetec....
Don't get brembo pads if you don't like brake dust... I cleaned my wheels and after about 10mins of driving there was dust on them again. Pile of shite

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
brembo max discs availiable on egay for a bargin. If you offer £80 they guy will accept so it's under £100 inc delivery iirc. Then some decent pads for about £50 and hoses for around £50 then you got a great package for under £200

R56 JCW
I was looking at getting the package which consists of

Set Ferodo DS2500
2 x Brembo 280mm Discs
4 x Moquip Braided brake hoses.

Which all comes to £230 Does anyone know this setup for much cheaper, i want some pads which will be good for road use more than track, but really good on track aswel

titanic killer

Set Ferodo DS2500
2 x Brembo 280mm Discs

Which all comes to £230 Does anyone know this setup for much cheaper, i want some pads which will be good for road use more than track, but really good on track aswel
dont think youl get better package than that for what you say you want out of them

340i
You can get Brembo Max discs from GSF (they also do owners club discount), cheapest I could find..

I stand firmly by the Ferrodo setup, either 2500's which I had on my Ibiza cupra, or the 3000's which I have on my 172.. Both of which getting track abuse..

The 3000's are an incredible pad.. noisey at low speeds though, but a minor problem as far as im concearned.

Get a very good quality fluid. I'd recommend MOTUL RBF600, which has a rediculaous dry boiling point, makes more of a difference than anything else in my opinion..

Set Ferodo DS2500
2 x Brembo 280mm Discs

Forgive me if this is a stupid question: Why do you need 4No Braided hoses? I thought only two were reqd, one for each front brake.

I'm upgrading my brakes in the near future too. Same requirements as you. Basically decided to get the same setup too. I assume you're getting the Brembo HC discs. Did you consider Brembo Max? or are they not worth the extra money in this application? Getting mixed reports on this

Set Ferodo DS2500
2 x Brembo 280mm Discs

Forgive me if this is a stupid question: Why do you need 4No Braided hoses? I thought only two were reqd, one for each front brake.

I'm upgrading my brakes in the near future too. Same requirements as you. Basically decided to get the same setup too. I assume you're getting the Brembo HC discs. Did you consider Brembo Max? or are they not worth the extra money in this application? Getting mixed reports on this

4 braided lines are included in the pack. 2 for the front and 2 for the rear.